Job ID: ******
Company: : ********** Services, Inc.
Position Category: Software Development
The Alexa Data Services team is part of Amazon’s speech platform organization that provides speech recognition capabilities – in speakers, appliances, wearables, robots, and more! It will change the way millions of people interact with their homes, cars, and even their workplace.
This job requires you to constantly hit the ground running, and your ability to learn quickly and work on disparate and overlapping tasks will define your success. High Impact production issues often require coordination between multiple Development, Operations, and IT Support groups, so you get to experience a breadth of impact with various groups.
The ideal candidate must be detail oriented, have superior verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, able to juggle multiple tasks at once, able to work independently and can maintain professionalism under pressure. You must be able to identify problems before they happen and implement solutions that detect and prevent outages. You must be able to accurately prioritize projects, make sound judgments, work to improve the customer experience, and get the right things done.
Summary of Responsibilities
1. Have the ability to learn technical concepts quickly with a strong sense of urgency
2. Have enthusiasm for working in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
3. Be a creative problem solver, who is passionate about innovation and customer experience.
4. Have a diverse background in related AWS technologies.
5. Have strong written and oral communication skills
6. Can deal with ambiguity; work with minimum supervision.
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
– 3 years’ experience as Support Engineer with minimum 1 year as Developer
– 3+ years of experience with SQL and Relational databases.
– 2+ years of experience in Shell/Python and Unix skills
– 3+ years of experience of Application Server, Database monitoring and debugging skills
– Experience with Tableau server administration
– Experience working with data engineering and data platform teams
– Experience with agile software development practices such as scrum or Kanban
– Excellent written and oral English communication skills to successfully engage with customers and colleagues
– Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues.
– Demonstrates skill and passion for operational excellence
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.