* Develop embedded software models using MATLAB/Simulink/Stateflow per design of the software for next generation electronic control units.
* Manage the source control and controlled release of software models to maintain schedule, budget, and functionality for projects.
* Participate in the planning and tracking of validation and usability studies of vehicle software module functionality.
* Lead reviews to ensure industry leading embedded software development best practices are met with software models and modules.
* Work with vehicle property owners, product developers, system architects, and software architects to develop and maintain software-level technical requirements specifications.
* Contribute to development of procedures and practices that ensure continuous improvement of high quality, reliable software systems.
* Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent required.
* 2+ yrs development & release of automotive or commercial vehicle software or similar industry-related background preferred.
* Proficiency using MATLAB/Simulink, logi.CAD, Rational Rhapsody, Subversion (SVN), and Requirements Management tools is desired.
* Engineering knowledge of heavy duty commercial truck systems and regulations preferred.
* Experience creating documentation including software requirements specifications, and engineering change notices.
* Solid understanding of Design for Six Sigma and Six Sigma techniques.
* Willing to learn and use new engineering processes and techniques and be resourceful in solving complex technical problems.
* Experience in product development and new product implementation.
* Able to work in a team environment.
* Familiarity with personal computer software including project management tools, word processing, flowchart/modeling, presentation, spreadsheets, and databases.
* Willingness to grow personally and professionally in a results-orientated environment.
* Travel up to 10%, including internationally
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: Developer, Embedded, Informatics, Product Development, CAD, Technology, Research, Engineering
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.