Are you an experienced cybersecurity professional that wants to make a difference? Are you driven to ensure information systems are resilient in terms of both security and operations? Do you want to change how customers manage risk tactically, operationally, and strategically? Then we have an opportunity for you.
GDIT is a leading cybersecurity solutions provider to the federal government. We have an immediate need for a Commercial Solutions for Classified Systems (CSfC) VMWare Administrator to support our Department of State customer. This position will provide technical expertise as part of a team of highly skill administrators to ensure continued operation of critical services for this CSfC system.
- Responsible for configuration, maintenance, monitoring, and overall support multiple virtual machines
- Setup, install, configure, and triage new virtual machines deployments
- Maintain and restore VM backups and snapshots
- Detects, isolates, documents, reports, and resolves system outages or problems encountered during operations of the operational baseline, which includes collecting diagnostic data, restore the system operation, developing workarounds, and other activities necessary for the recovery of a system
- Performs system monitoring, analyzing, documenting performance, and conducting trend analysis as required
- Technical Training, Certification(s) or Degree or higher and minimum of 8 years of experience working with server/application virtualization on an enterprise level
- Experience working within the parameters detailed via DISA STIGs, Department of State Security Configuration Guides or other Federal Hardening Guides.
- Strict attention to detail; Adherence to rigid guidelines and processes; Ability to validate, update and maintain accurate records.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Minimum of active interim Secret clearance and ability to obtain up to a TS.
- Solid understanding of firewall rule structure, network protocols, and associated vulnerabilities
- Solid understanding of Active Directory and Windows Servers on an enterprise level
- U.S. Department of State experience
- VCAP Data Center Virtualization or related
Years of Experience
8 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
Less than 10%
U.S. Citizenship Required
About Our Work
We are GDIT. A global technology and professional services company that delivers consulting, technology and mission services to every major agency across the U.S. government, defense and intelligence community. Our 30,000 experts extract the power of technology to create immediate value and deliver solutions at the edge of innovation. We operate across 30 countries worldwide, offering leading capabilities in digital modernization, AI/ML, Cloud, Cyber and application development. Together with our clients, we strive to create a safer, smarter world by harnessing the power of deep expertise and advanced technology.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.