Associate Director / Director of Clinical Platform Development
We are dedicated to transforming the way in which patients with cancer are diagnosed and treated. At Foundation Medicine you will work with everyone fighting the disease—patients and their families, payers, physicians, drug developers—to raise awareness about the ongoing evolution in cancer care and to ensure we are delivering the analytic tools and molecular information required to bring the promise of personalized cancer care into routine clinical practice. As a member of our Product Development department, you will be responsible for distilling the latest advances in genomic science, technology and clinical data into innovative, best-in-class clinical diagnostic tools and data products that will enable oncologists to determine the best treatment throughout each patient’s journey with cancer.
Summary of Position:
We are seeking an Associate Director / Director of Clinical Platform Development to build and lead the team responsible for the ongoing development and optimization of the platforms underlying FMI’s clinical diagnostic product portfolio. The ideal candidate has demonstrated management and leadership experience including success leading the strategic planning, development and implementation of high complexity NGS-based molecular diagnostic assays in clinical labs in a cross-functional, dynamic environment.
- Lead team and program responsible for the development of an agile, scalable and harmonized end-to-end (i.e. order-to-report) clinical diagnostic workflow which advances our global product, operational and business needs without compromising technical performance on routine clinical oncology samples.
- Lead a collaborative, matrixed team of scientists, computational biologists and technologists to develop a harmonized, NGS-based assay platform across FMI’s current and future DNA-seq and RNA-seq clinical products.
- Develop a strategic Platform roadmap to support, enable and inform FMI’s product portfolio and LRP.
- Support Design Transfer and ongoing optimization of NGS-based assays including drafting SOPs, establishing assay performance specifications, performing training and assay troubleshooting.
- Support identification, evaluation and implementation of new protocols and technologies to enable new opportunities in clinical oncology testing.
- Support strategic external relationships with technology providers, pharmaceutical companies and academic partners in collaboration with the Business Development, Clinical and Commercial teams.
- Extensive experience in standard molecular biology techniques and an understanding of the practices and principals of NGS, including DNA-seq and RNA-seq protocols, and various target-enrichment approaches (e.g. multiplex-PCR, hybrid selection); experience with high throughput automation is preferred.
Demonstrated management skills and ability to lead multiple, concurrent projects and work independently and collaboratively in a dynamic, fast paced team environment.
Development and/or implementation of NGS or other high complexity assays in a clinical lab environment including writing standard operating procedures, validation protocols and data reports.
Scientific thought process illustrating creative approaches to problem solving and a strong desire to increase knowledge and continue building skill set.
Results oriented with daily focus on working to achieve project and group goals.
Experience working with typical oncology specimens (e.g. FFPE, Blood, Bone Marrow).
Ability to clearly communicate scientific results in internal and external presentations and publications.
Education or Experience:
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, Cancer Genomics, or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 8-10 years working in Industry and/or Academia.
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated presentation skills and track record of publication in high-impact journals.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/115541 →