Johnson Controls Inc
BAS Controls Project Manager / Lead Systems Specialist II
The BAS Controls Project Mgr/LSS II is part of our Building Technologies & Solutions business with Johnson Controls. We are looking for a seasoned controls person to lead our HVAC/controls construction installation projects. Lead teams and manage daily operations of projects.
Under general direction, acts as the on-site project leader to plan, execute, and complete HVAC projects with assigned customers in a safe and cost effective manner. Performs or delegates tasks as required to execute and fully complete assigned projects including: hardware design, system programming, installation coordination, system and network commissioning and project closeout. Responsible for the overall financial results of assigned projects including: costs, project billings, and collections. Maintains both customer satisfaction and profitable and accurate project financial results. Actively pursues selling change orders. Coordinates communication with the customer during all phases of the project. Ensures proper execution of warranty. Provides work direction to subcontractors, electrical installers, technicians, designers, and administration as necessary. Ensures work performed is in compliance with state, local and Federal legal requirements and operates on the job with the highest of ethics. Adheres and ensures Johnson Controls staff and subcontractors adhere to all safety standards.
1. Completes typical installation hardware design and software programming using established standards as required. Provides detailed information to communicate design and operation to customers, Johnson Controls staff and subcontractors.
2. Actively pursues additional work through change orders. Evaluates the contractual scope of work and the impact of client issued bulletins, field directives and/or scheduling changes. Communicates both technical and business related issues with the clients.
3. Manages the selection, ordering, budget and delivery schedule of materials to be procured for the projects assigned via our web-based tool process.
4. Secures pricing and availability from outside vendors and suppliers, mechanical and electrical subcontractors including scope, terms and conditions. May request several bids in pricing process. Oversees subcontractor payment and billing processes.
5. Provides jobsite coordination for panel and field device physical locations. Ensures installation is in accordance with Johnson Controls standards and project requirements.
6. Manages and completes the loading, device verification, and commissioning of all system controllers as required. Validates complete system functionality and resolves issues with subcontractors and others to ensure proper operation. Provides accurate project as-built and commissioning documentation.
7. Manages costs, billings and collections. Completes project billings in a timely and accurate format to the client. Maintains profitability goals and positive cash flow through best business practices and continuous improvement metrics.
8. Provides coaching, mentoring and technical assistance to System Technicians, Electrical Installers and System Designers. Provides technical assistance to subcontractors. Ensures that delegated tasks are done accurately, on-time, billed, within budget and within scope of the contract.
9. Effectively communicates the status of projects to management as required and provides monthly forecasts of revenue, costs, and gross margin.
10.Sends warranty letter to JCI customer upon substantial completion of project and ensures proper execution of warranty.
11.Develops project plans and coordinates the required resources to ensure timely and cost effective installation and completion of assigned projects.
12.Performs site-specific training for owner/operator on the total system in full or with assistance. Ensures owner/operator has been trained. Provides proper documentation and manuals for system operation.
13.Develops and maintains viable long-term relationships with contractors, clients, consultants and subcontractors. Attends job progress meetings as required.
14. Coordinates with Project Engineers on bundled jobs to deliver cost efficient solutions that exceed customer expectations.
15.Follows all safety standards and has the highest regard for employee and subcontractor safety.
Minimum of a technical Associates Degree with 4 years of field experience or 6 years of equivalent related field experience in the HVAC industry. Must have relevant technical hands on experience in systems design and commissioning of digital HVAC controls systems. Must have the ability to communicate technical material to a non-technical audience. Must demonstrate the ability to perform work independently. Strong personal computer skills. Must have knowledge of control theory and HVAC systems and equipment. Knowledge of project accounting, costing principals and contracting preferred.
Johnson Controls is a global multi-industrial company with core businesses in the automotive, building and energy storage industries. Our 170,000 employees create quality products and services to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings, energy storage and interior systems for automobiles. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful.Johnson Controls, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance or accommodation during the application process please call ************ and press option #0 or email **********************.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/79239 →