Do you have the right stuff? Gullview Technologies is an exciting new and rapidly growing technology company focused on taking on the most vital and challenging business and technical challenges our clients face in competing in our highly connected business world today. Sounds like several other firms, right? At Gullview Technologies, we do this, but with a very significant twist. We do this from our Technology center located within the best recreation area within the State of Minnesota, the Brainerd Lakes area. Were biased, we know.
We are looking for a select few who have the drive, entrepreneurial spirit, and passion to lead our innovation and development efforts, solving these difficult (some say near impossible) business and technical challenges. And do this, while living within Minnesotas playground, the Brainerd Lakes area.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our newly formed DevOps Team. This individual will work closely with our Gullview and client IT team members, software developers, business users, and other technology stakeholders to provide the automation, push button deployments and continuous delivery capabilities and frameworks for our clients custom developed and internally managed software applications. Similar industry Titles: Software Configuration Engineer, Automation Engineer, Production Engineer, Site Reliability Engineer, or Development Operations Engineer.
We are looking for a person with a blend of scripting skills to automate functions along with software programming skills who knows how quality software is built to help our team build the structure and framework for continuous software delivery. Be at the center of this exciting effort to work closely with IT team members, software developers, business users, and other technology stakeholders to provide automation, push button deployments and continuous delivery frameworks for our clients custom developed and internally managed software applications. Explore the freedom to be able to seek out projects and new roles that allow you to exercise the skills that are at the core of DevOps, and to help us introduce leading edge productivity tools to our continually evolving continuous delivery environment. Looking to bring your innovative ideas forward to help meet the challenge to accelerate our test and deployment rhythm? Are you open to listening to others ideas and sharing your own? Do you know load balancing, Firewalls, DMZs websites and services? Could you automate yourself out of a job, and into taking on a larger challenge next week? Then you may be our next DevOps engineer!
Specific duties include:
* Coordinate planning and execution of software releases including change communication and version control, code and data propagation across environments, and post-release validation.
* Design, develop, maintain, automate and support custom and packaged build systems for building and deploying company software.
* Organize, communicate, and facilitate release plans and environment change scripts.
* Design and develop automation for manually performed tasks.
* Manage load balancing, IP Addressing and understand DNS best practices.
* Assist with building out server automation and application deployment across the entire infrastructure.
* Experience with automation/configuration management using PowerShell DSC, Chef and other automation tools.
* Conceptualize, design and automate innovative methods to quickly create additional DEV and QA environments when needed.
* Experience with Continuous Delivery or Continuous Deployment preferred.
* Manage internal and external DNS records for all environments.
* Manage Microsoft AX environments and deployments.
Experience and Skills Desired
* 2+ years DevOps engineering experience.
* An individual that values and appreciates working on and within a team to deliver solutions.
* Demonstrated familiarity of software configuration management patterns, practices, and tools.
* Hands on experience with software programming and advanced MS PowerShell scripting, as well as familiarity with other scripting technologies used for configuration management or deployment processes.
* Automation experience using scripts and custom code.
* Experience managing version control systems such as GIT or TFS.
* Experience working with IIS 7.0 or above.
* Experience with Linux.
* Experience with ELK and other log aggregation tools.
* Experience working with a continuous integration system and automated build servers in a Windows environment such as Jenkins or TFS.
* Experience with, or understanding of, agile software development practices such as Scrum, FDD, or Extreme Programming.
* Demonstrated history of staying current in field of expertise.
* Have a passion for scripting and programming common tasks.
* A two-year degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field.
The position opportunity is located at our Gullview Technologies facility in Brainerd, MN.
Gullview is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans & Disabilities. US Citizenship required.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/59330 →