MetroStar Systems Careers
Cloud Computing Rockville, Maryland
MetroStar Systems is looking for a DevOps Engineer who will be
responsible for automating and managing the technology processes to
develop, test, release, and deploy innovative solutions. If you want
to join a company that empowers self-motivated, passionate, and
fearless team members, we want you to work for MetroStar!
You re a great fit if
* You are entrenched in the DevOps culture and mindset, and have
experience DevOps tools.
* You are passionate about DevOps initiatives and providing solution
architectures and strategies for DevOps adoption.
* You are detailed-oriented and can work independently to
* You enjoy teaching and sharing your knowledge, but are not afraid
to ask for help before you go to StackOverflow.
You ll love this position if
(This is the stuff you MUST have to be a fit)
* You have 3+ years of experience with configuration management
tools like Puppet, Chef, or Ansible.
* You have a strong Linux background and 3+ years experience with
Linux Administration and shell scripting.
* You have experience factoring security (e.g., Identity Access
Management, Firewalling, Vulnerability Scanning) in to every part
of the development process, and automating core security tasks by
embedding security controls and processes in the DevOps workflow.
* You have experience with branching strategies in Git and creating
jobs and pipelines in CI/CD tools like Jenkins, bamboo or
* You have working knowledge of IaaS providers like AWS, Azure, and
* You have experience working in agile environments and applying
automation techniques with multiple teams operating in parallel to
accomplish large initiative deployments.
* You have a Bachelor s Degree or equivalent relevant work
experience in the build/automation subject area.
We ll REALLY love you if
(This is the bonus stuff that makes you stand out)
* You have a developer background and insider understanding how
DevOps integrates with developers.
* You have experience working in sprints and/or Kanban.
* You have experience with JIRA and other Atlassian tools,
Terraform, CloudFormation, or Docker.
* You have experience creating tests for your automation tool of
* You have cross-functional skills and experience in a
* You actively seek out problems and opportunities, and are focused
on automation and process improvement.
What your day will look like:
* You will collaborate with developers, quality assurance, program
managers, and business analysts.
* You will also provide support to develop new and innovative
* You will provide support to develop automated scripts and
solutions to achieve sprint tasks.
The Admin Stuff: Applicants selected will be subject to a government
security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for
potential access to classified information and obtain a Public Trust
The Legal Stuff: MetroStar Systems is committed to creating a diverse
environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability,
age, or veteran status. The statements herein are intended to describe
the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and
are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities,
duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore,
they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to
change at the discretion of MetroStar Systems.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.