Don’t miss this opportunity to join
the company recognized by Fortune magazine as the World’s Most
Admired Telecommunications Company and ranked #4 on DiversityInc’s
list of 2011 Top50 Companies for Diversity.
As the largest communications
company in the world, more than 120 million customers count on us every day to
deliver the wireless, Internet, data and advertising services that fuel their
businesses and connect them to their world. You will find yourself connecting
communications and technology with opportunities that will take you to places
you never imagined.
You don’t have to be a tech whiz to join AT&T. It takes more than
technology to keep us ahead of the curve, and thanks to our teams of
legal/operations, marketing and finance whizzes, we do just that. Every day,
each works to ensure the success of the company while they advance their own
What does it take to join us? We
demand exceptional skills in your discipline and a real dedication to being the
After all, we’re asked to keep AT&T profitable and on the cutting edge, and
at the same time, build on more than a century of innovation and success. We
are a world leader in communications and entertainment, and we plan to keep on
- Providing hardware engineering expertise to analyze complex hardware systems, hardware design, architecture, network design, and other technical hardware issues.
- Providing hardware maintenance support, both preventative and remedial.
- Deploying, Installing, and Implementing hardware.
- Preparing specifications for hardware by analyzing documented and derived system requirements.
- Conducting site surveys.
- Preparing engineering plans and site Technical Design Packages.
- Configuring (and documents configuration of) computers, networking devices, and various peripheral equipment. Preparing site installations and test reports.
- Ensuring that problems have been properly identified and solutions will satisfy the user’s requirements.
- Preparing reports and recommendations concerning existing and emerging hardware technologies.
- Providing specific input to the hardware components of system design to include end-user devices, servers, networking devices, data storage devices, and specialized processors.
Must have excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills. They coordinate with team members – those in project management, security, asset management, customer service or help desk departments – to solve problems and manage projects. Conflict resolution, analytical, and decision-making skills are crucial to the position as well. Must have demonstrated experience with Cisco Unified Communication Manager and networking; knowledge of Land Mobile Radio, e911 systems, and video teleconferencing a plus.
- Fourteen (14) years of experience as an SE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and leading Systems Engineering efforts is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
Required Clearance: Candidate must have a TS/SCI polygraph clearance
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/119894 →