Are you interested in helping solve today’s most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Defines proof-of-concept and pilot project plans and related business cases and funding requirements. Plan, manage, and execute cross-functional pilot projects to test new ideas and technology tools with high potential impact on our products, customer interactions, and operating processes. Report on progress and budget expenditures to project owners.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage the most complex pilot projects to test the potential application of emerging technologies through the development of prototype and small-scale implementations
- Lead business leaders, internal technology stakeholders, and external partners in framing the problem, scoping the work, defining delivery processes, and developing key measures of business value
- Test multiple approaches on projects by integrating existing assets and exploring 3rd party or open-source solutions
- Ensure timely and on-budget project delivery while facilitating positive engagement with internal and external partners.
- Identify key performance indicators to ensure that pilot efforts are on-track and aligned with the innovation strategy and business unit objectives
- Develops comprehensive reports on pilot results and leads go/no-go discussions with business unit leadership. Transitions piloted technologies to business unit labs and product teams, ensuring scalability of solutions.
- Contribute to professional or technical development of less experienced staff by mentoring or training.
- Builds effective working relationships with vendors; monitors activities against contract terms and facilitates dispute resolution process employing legal and vendor management departments, as required.
- Partner with innovation intelligence colleagues to maintain current knowledge of trends.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Broad business acumen to tackle a wide range of issues in an integrated fashion (e.g. markets, competition, business models, operations, organization)
- Interested in and conversant about a variety of technology concepts; actively pursues continued professional development opportunities in emerging technology
- Ability to lead project teams day-to-day and collaborate productively with a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong, broad knowledge of the emerging tech / startup landscape
- Ability to work autonomously and demonstrated past capability to thrive in uncertainty
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.