Serves as a Java developer for the Recruiting Support Program of the Army Human Resources Command (HRC).The Commands mission is, Provide a full and fair hearing to determine a Soldiers physical fitness for continued military service; if found unfit, determine level and type of compensation, and take action to separate or retire the Soldier when their career is interrupted by a physical disability. Incumbent will design and develop solutions to meet the business requirements in support of the Armys recruiting mission, ensuring technical capabilities are secure, scalable, and defect free.
* Works with graphic designers and other members of a project team to develop the site concept, interface design, and architecture of the website. Responsible for interface implementation.
* Integrates web applications with backend databases. Deploys large web-based transaction systems using application servers. Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the integration of new products per production and client requirements.
* Prepares/Updates/Approves Detailed Component Architecture Documents (DCA) and System Technical Architecture Documents (Technical Architecture, System Metrics, Threat Models, Configuration Guides)
* Conduct and participate in peer reviews of design document and software components
* Communicate (verbally and written) with different functional and operational team technical representatives.
QUALIFICATIONS – REQUIRED
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field. Or a Masters degree in related discipline and 0 years experience. Four (4) years related experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelors degree.
* Two (2)+ years of software development experience developing Java web applications
* U.S. Citizen
* Secret Security Clearance
* Security + Certification
* Ability to obtain a certification relevant to the computing environment, such as Oracle Certified Associate, with the first 90 days of employment
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment at a fast pace with multiple deadlines
* Ability to take high-level requirements and compile them into development tasks
* Experience with RDBMS such as Oracle, SQLServer, or similar databases
* Experience using version control tools such as Subversion
* Experience with software development processes such as SDLC, Scrum, or similar
* Experience with JEE/JSP Containers such as WebLogic, JBoss, or Tomcat (or similar)
QUALIFICATIONS – DESIRED:
* Knowledge of Army human resources data and processes
* Experience with Java Design patterns (MVC, DAO, Singleton, Factory, etc.)
* Experience supporting JVMs in Unix/Linux/Windows environments
* Experience with frameworks such as SpringMVC, JasperReports, and Hibernate
* Knowledge of SOA to include SOAP/WSDL and RESTful services
* Experience using Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, or NetBeans
* Experience with shell scripting, parsing, and analyzing log files with REGEXP
* Oracle Certified Associate Java SE 8 Programmer or Oracle Certified Professional SE 8 Programmer
MUST BE A US CITIZEN AND POSSESS OR BE ABLE TO OBTAIN A SECURITY CLEARANCE DUE TO FEDERAL CONTRACTING REQUIREMENTS
ABOUT US: CoreSys Consulting is a Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB) working primarily within the US Department of Defense. The CoreSys leadership team has over twenty years of project planning, execution, and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems. We specialize in Custom Application Development , Enterprise Architecture and Governance, DoD Architectural Framework (DoDAF), Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), CIO Support, Application Transformation and Modernization, J2EE Solutions, Data Warehousing, etc. Employees are eligible to participate immediately in CoreSys Consulting Services competitive employee benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance as well as participation in our 401k program with a company match.
To view all of our open positions, please visit our website
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/59500 →