********** has an opening for an experienced Web Developer to lead and grow a 3 developer team.
********** is a leading online service provider to Lawyers and Consumers. Our LAMP servers handle over a million page requests per day and we are the fastest major legal directory in the U.S. We operate multiple high volume transactional email platforms, handle thousands of calls per week on our custom VOIP platform, and manage a leading database of over 2 million lawyers in 60 countries. We are profitable, expanding rapidly and offer many opportunities for career growth in our Basking Ridge, NJ and Easton, PA offices. Our intuitive brand ‘**********’ is rapidly gaining recognition among Lawyers and consumers and we are well positioned in the $200 Billion U.S. legal services market. ********** is part of World Media Group LLC, whose business interests include ********** and ******** in NYC, ************* and *********** in California and ********* in Mumbai.
The Lead Web Developer will be expected to advance the level of expertise of the development team, implement best development practices, and deliver innovative technology using agile processes. The Lead Web Developer will also assist in the design of server infrastructure and the product management process. Responsibilities will include coordinating and prioritizing project schedules with sales, operations, support, and accounting groups. Management duties include regular reviews of team members, setting compensation and bonuses and recruiting additional team members. Duties may also include selection and management of third party contractors, negotiations with third party service and API providers, and purchasing of required software and hardware.
The Lead Developer will architect efficient innovative solutions to business requirements, using latest technologies, best practices and rapid development methods. All solutions will balance the requirements of SEO bots, Lawyers, Consumers and our sales, support and accounting teams. ********** places a strong emphasis on infrastructure speed and expects intense focus on page speed for desktop and mobile devices, and efficient server and database throughput. All code will be robust, reliable, well documented and scaleable. Code performance metrics will tracked and analyzed. It is expected that the Lead Developer will initially split time equally between hands on coding and team management.
The Lead Developer will stay up to date on latest SEO, SEM, Social Media and Mobile App developments, competitor services and strategies, and the business trends in our market. Where applicable, the Lead Developer will attend industry conferences, complete training courses and maintain required certifications.
* Rigorous graduate or masters level degree in computer science
* Demonstrated excellence in studies, standardized tests and competitions.
* 5+ years full time coding experience
* Ability to manage and mentor junior developers.
* Web development experience as employee at leading Internet business
(we prefer in house production experience over ad agency or contractor experience)
* Expert level back end experience, particularly on LAMP stack
* Experience designing complex software solutions and evaluating third party API’s
* Highly analytical, able to optimize diverse requirements into innovative solutions
* Excellent written and verbal communicaiton skills
* Passion for learning and mastering new skills
* A strong sense of ownership and personal accountability
* Will follow up on critical work after hours when required.
* Enjoy fast moving start up environment
* Positive fun inclusive personality
* Team player interested in supporting junior employees and other departments.
* Interest in business strategy and product management
* Short commute to Basking Ridge, NJ or Easton, PA offices
* U.S. citizen or work permit (we will apply for visas and green card if necessary)
* Experience in and knowledge of the Legal Services market
* Experience in subscription based e-commerce business
* Understand best practices in SEO, SEM and social media
* Experience finding, hiring, training and motivating developers
* Personal web site, mobile app, hardware or robotics experience
* Familiarity with Google Analytics, Adwords, Adsense, Search Console
* Experience with big data platforms and data collection tools
* Familiarity with High Availability web and database architectures and software.
* Experience with transactional email platforms, feedback loops and white lists.
* Have used Paypal and Stripe payment API’s
* Experience with Twilio for voice and SMS communication
* Experience with DNS, CDN’s (ideally Akamai), SSL, Pubnub, HTTP2, NGINX.
* Experience with Java, Python, Google App Engine, AWS, GIt, Phabricator, Slack
* Experience with Google page speed and mobile responsiveness tools
* Experience with testing tools, Browserstack, WebPageTest, EmailonAcid, etc.
* Offshore and contractor team management experience
* Used outsourcing platforms including Guru, UpWork, Amazon Mechanical Turk.
* Interest in additional management responsibilities
* Complimentary interests (musical instrument, chess, poker, etc.)
* Competitive Base Salary
* Personal performance bonuses
* Company wide bonuses – annual and milestone based
* Stock options
* Generous vacation policy including 8 weeks paid vacation every fifth year.
* Medical, dental and vision healthcare insurance
* Health oriented work environment including sit/stand electric desks
* Fun company events, theme Fridays, summer hours, voted a best place to work in NJ
* Subsidized continuing education, offsite training courses.
* Open management structure encourages communication and feedback
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.