CenturyLink (NYSE:CTL) is a premier network solutions provider and trusted partner to our customers. As part of our recent acquisition of Level 3 Communications, our portfolio has expanded. More customers. More network. More locations. More opportunities for you. With a global presence in 60 countries, service to more than 350 metro areas domestically, and more than 200,000 miles of fiber; CenturyLink is going places. At CenturyLink, we believe in growth and innovation, for our customers and our employees. Discover how CenturyLink can expand your potential and take your career to new places if you’re looking to join a company that celebrates diversity and creativity, with industry-leading benefits and commitment to employee advancement. We’re committed to bringing great talent to our team to help us change the world. One network connection at a time.
The Operations Technician III – Federal ISP leads a highly-skilled technical team working on complex network system equipment, and installation and maintenance assignments. The Ops Tech will configure, install, test, and maintain network fiber optic equipment (OC-3 to OC-192, and Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM) components).
- Use of software and hardware tools to identify and diagnose network status and performance in the field
- Understand network test procedures, use network test equipment, and interpret test results
- Document all efforts in a timely manner
- Provide functional guidance, supervision, technical support, training, and quality assurance/control to technicians.
- Essential functions will also include the following:
- Supervise and perform installations of SONET and DWDM platforms
- Develop and presents OSPR to upper management
- Trains Operations and Senior Operations Technicians
- Perform and documents quality checks on installations
- Assist in the development of program deliverables
- Carry a pager for after hour call-outs (as required)
- Possess proficiency in troubleshooting of SONET, DWDM and router platforms
- Possess in-depth understanding of network testing and ability to use network test equipment and document all efforts in a timely and professional manner
Education and Experience:
- Experience with wavelength division multiplexing
- Experience Cisco MSTP, MSSP and MSPP equipment
- Associate degree in Engineering, Electronics, Software, or Networks; or a related technical or vocational education or equivalent experience
- Seven or more years’ applicable work experience
- Possess experience in company and program standards for installations
- Possess experience in testing of Ethernet and SONET circuits
- Possesses experience in turning up circuits across SONET, DWDM and router platforms
- Possesses experience in installing and troubleshooting of DC power systems
- Possesses experience in installing and troubleshooting timing systems
- Some local travel required
- US Citizenship required
- Active TS/SCI with Poly
- Must maintain eligibility requirements for access to classified information (applicants selected will be subject to a government security re-investigation)
Alternate Location: US-Virginia-Herndon
Requisition #: 165107
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/100823 →