Client Reference Code: 204322
Responsible for engineering activities that maintain and enhance the Charter’s telecommunications and signal processing hardware, software and electrical systems. Works with technical operations staff on system design and configuration. Works with design teams and advises team leaders.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs, implements, monitors, enhances and troubleshoots systems in assigned areas.
- Analyzes and revises existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary.
- Tests and reviews system designs.
- Provides Engineering Technical support and guidance to regional personnel and ensure all technical integration, changes, standards and documentation are met.
- Mentors and guides the work of technical staff.
- Reviews work plans and designs and advises on improvements.
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Knows, understands and follows company policy.
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Performs other duties as requested by manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering & related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum five (5) years of Systems Engineering experience
- Minimum three (3) years Project Management experience
- At least two (2) years Database Administration experience.
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Basic knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Fiber (Multimode, Single mode, UTP, etc.), Bridging, Switching, Routing, Ethernet and Transport technologies and protocols
- Advanced knowledge in Scripting, Redhat, Oracle, & Firewall
- Advanced knowledge in network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology
- Advanced knowledge in TCP/IP, OSI Model, using ticketing and software tools to support the current operations
- Advanced knowledge of network devices, network designing software and basic network appliances
PREFERRED SKILL & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master’s Degree in Engineering
- PostgresSQL Database Administration experience
- Industry / vendor specific certifications & training preferred (Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc.)
Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
Job Code : TWCEGN330 Principal Engineer I Exempt
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/39216 →