San Bernardino Community College District
This position works out of our Alternate Text Production Center in Camarillo, CA.
Reporting Work Location: 198 Camino Ruiz, Camarillo, CA 93012
Under general supervision, assists in developing systems for computer applications; analyzes and develops programs codes, and performs other programming tasks at a difficult and complex level in broad application areas.
Programmer/Analyst positions participate in difficult programming tasks as well as systems development for computer applications. This class is distinguished from: (1) the Programmer class whose tasks are primarily related to programming activities; and (2) the Senior Programmer/Analyst class whose tasks are related to large, complex systems analysis and design.
The following duties are typical for this classification
1. Analyzes and defines new programs and systems objectives; designs complex computer systems.
2. Consults with District and college level administrators to resolve program and systems problems including conflicts between system capabilities and user requirements.
3. Designs and prepares block diagrams, flow charts, data definitions, and pertinent logic; writes detailed program specifications and defines input, output data relationships, and sequence of operations necessary to perform programming.
4. Codes logic flow in appropriate computer language and prepares clear operating instructions for use by computer operators.
5. Plans and prepares comprehensive systems proposals.
6. Consults, advises, and assists other data processing personnel.
7. Prepares and maintains systems operating instructional manual.
8. Maintains programs by reorganizing and revising programs and procedures.
9. Maintains a variety of standard records including program catalog, program progress report, and program documentation records.
10. Stays abreast of advances in technology and keeps current on relevant technology changes.
11. Performs related duties as required.
The following generally describes the knowledge and ability required to enter the job and/or be learned within a short period of time in order to successfully perform the assigned duties.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Environment: Work is performed primarily in a standard office setting.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction; vision sufficient to read computer screens and printed documents; and to operate assigned equipment.
Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary Range is from $4,550.00 to $5,531.00 per month plus family medical, dental, vision coverage, and employee life insurance (employee contribution dependent upon plan selected). PERS Retirement (employee contributes 6% – 7% depending on current membership status). CSEA union dues are 1.5% up to a maximum of $47.25.
Education and Experience Guidelines – Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Education/Training: Equivalent to completion of 60 semester units of college level coursework in data processing, computer science, or a related field.
Experience: Three years of experience in programming, program testing, and implementation; some experience in systems analysis and design. Additional programming experience may be substituted for the required education on the basis of one year of experience for 15 semester units.
April 8, 2018
Posting Number: 250
To apply, visit: https://www.sbccdjobs.com/
The San Bernardino Community College District is an equal opportunity employer. The District encourages applications from underrepresented minorities and the disabled.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/130754 →