Job ID #: 64761
Position Title: Project Manager – Offering Core Team
Functional Area: Project Management
Facility: Corporate Office
Relocation Provided: No
Education Required: Not Indicated
Experience Required: 5 – 7 Years
Travel Percent: 15
Senior ThinkPad Offering Team (OTM) Project Manager
Lenovo. For Those Who Do. Lenovo, a member of the Fortune Global 500, is the fastest growing PC maker on the planet, with growth outpacing our competition quarter after quarter. We are excited to grow our team to drive the next generation in technology and it’s opening up incredible opportunities – for Lenovo and for you.
The ThinkPad OTM Project manager is an exciting leadership position that combines the creativity of developing a computer product with the experience of running a small business. The OTM is responsible for leading a cross function offering core team to define, commit, develop, qualify and launch ThinkPad notebook products. The OTM needs to align the product requirements with technology capabilities to launch a product on schedule, at the committed project expense, with the cost and price required to meet the business objectives. The OTM acts as the voice of the program and represents the project team in presenting project status and formal checkpoint exit results to executive management team. The OTM responsibilities include:
1. Understand customer’s pain points and requirements for future product
2. Leverage marketing requirements, technology capabilities, launch target, target cost and price and business objectives to optimize the product definition
3. Create end-to-end project master schedule, resource plan and budget with cross-functional team input
4. Commit product scope, cost, project expense, schedule, and financial impact to the business.
5. Make key trade-off decisions based features, cost, expense, resources, schedule, and product quality.
6. Be fully accountable for the project success to meet project schedule and expense and product cost and scope commitments.
7. Lead global cross-functional Offering Core Team to develop, qualify and launch the product on schedule, and within cost and expense commitments
8. Create and execute risk mitigation plan.
9. Follow development checkpoint process. Efficiently manage and control project scope, risk, quality, and changes.
10. Act as the primary interface between the various R & D, marketing, manufacturing teams, external vendors, and other function teams.
11. Monitor and reports on various metrics that indicate the status of the development effort.
12. Lead cross- function teams complete the transition plan effectively with Quality.
13. Lead transition plan by considering transition roadmap, stock or/and healthy supply, technical ready and resource status
14. Drive project and schedule optimization to respond to changing marketing conditions and other late product changes. Position Requirements
– Hold a Bachelor Degree or higher with MBA preferred
– PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification Preferred and eventually required
– Strong knowledge of current Project Management methodologies. Understand the relationship of their project or program to the portfolio. Strong working knowledge of business matters, finance, planning, forecasting and personnel in order to manage team staff and business issues.
– 5 years or more Project Management Experience
Has comprehensive knowledge of the following skills. Has extensive experience, and is sought by others for consultation and leadership in same.
– Develop Project Definition and Plan
– Develop Risk Management Plan
– Develop Change Management Plan
– Perform Project Change Management
– Perform Project Execution and Control
– Manage Project Resources
– Perform Project Closing Activities
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.