Date: Mar 2, 2018
Location: San Ramon, CA, US, 94582
Requisition ID: ******
Work Area: Software-Development Operations
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
SENIOR DATABASE ENGINEER
Preferred locations are San Ramon, CA; Greenwood Village (Denver), CO or Reston, VA
SAP Digital Interconnect provides cloud-based engagement services to enterprises that enable them to connect the ‘last mile’ to their customers, cloud-based analytic services that aggregates and analyzes mobile operator data to provide deep consumer insight to brands and retailers, and interconnection services to mobile operators that allows any two people in the world text each other.
We operate the world’s largest, most reliable cloud messaging network, enabling more than 7.4 billion subscribers, 1,110 mobile operators in 220 countries & territories and we processed over 360 billion messages in 2016.
We reach 99% of mobile consumers worldwide, with all the top Telco’s and social media companies as customers. For more information visit: ***************************************
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Analyze existing platforms and work towards implementing more automation, easier provisioning and convergence of technology to improve everything.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
* Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or an Engineering discipline.
* Strong experience with T-SQL and SQL development
* Extensive experience in database physical and logical design
* Experience in performance tuning
* Experience developing/supporting large enterprise applications
* Skills with Linux/Unix, scripting, Java, Perl or Python
* DBA skills a plus
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
* Direct oversight of the design and implementation of our future messaging platforms
* Requires a balance of knowledge, ingenuity and ability to solve problems pertaining to systems that require a high measure of messaging throughput, availability standards, and reporting capability.
* Creating database physical and logical design
* Writing underlying database stored procedure code to implement functional/technical requirements
* Writing unit test cases.
* Writing documentation for software deliverables
* Performing unit and integration testing of software deliverables
* Participating in code reviews
* Work on SQL / No-SQL options on public cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure)
* Build analytics modules using Java, python, HTML
* Determine level of effort and participate in project planning for the whole software lifecycle including deployment and suppor
* Overall 7+ years of experience
* Minimum 5+ years of SQL development experience
* Excellent analytical skills
* Knowledge of Sybase and SAP database architecture
* Identify creative solutions for problems & demonstrate innovative thinking.
* Determine development complexity and development effort estimation.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Working knowledge of UNIX OS
* Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced implementation environment
* Experience with SQL/No-SQL Database design
* Experience with Sybase Replication Server and Sybase IQ a bonus
* Experience with AWS Managed Services (RDS, Dynamo DB) or GCP or Microsoft Azure ideal
* Experience with basic wireless data/messaging technologies (e.g., SMS, MMS, etc.) a plus.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas:**************************** or ****************************, APJ: *******************, EMEA: ***************). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Additional Locations: Virtual – USA
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Job Segment: Database, Network, SAP, ERP, Engineer, Technology, Engineering
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/126819 →