We look forward to your application! When applying, please be sure to put your Full Legal First Name and Last Name for legal and processing purposes.
Are you looking for an opportunity to turn your ambition and your people skills into a rewarding career with an industry leader? Join our team at American Tire Distributors! As the nation’s premier tire distributor, ATD’s coast-to-coast distribution network provides approximately 80,000 customers across the U.S. and Canada with rapid and frequent delivery of high quality tires, custom wheels and shop supplies.
– Ability to work independently while collaborating with a cross-functional team
– Passionate about building relevant software
– Demonstrate exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
– Demonstrate strong computer science skills & experience
– Ability to plan, schedule, execute, and complete work in a self-directed mode from inception through to production
– Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, meeting different schedules and deadlines
– Ability to understand and apply best practices
– Comfortable working/sharing development on applications with several layers.
– Participate in writing detailed level technical and functional specifications documentation
– Successful implementation of new products and solutions to Web and Telesales channels. (on time deliveries; on budget projects; business case benefits realized)
– Performance in meeting SLAs for resolving Production issues identified with solutions supported by development team.
– Site performance, page load times, page weight & element counts implemented with designed solution all meet standards set by Tire Buyer technical teams
– Completion of training quarterly to keep current on development protocols and standards relevant to solutions that fall within span of assigned responsibilities.
Key Partners (Positions):
– Director, Customer Experience – Partnering to develop interaction & visual design to optimize customer flow for new products.
– Director of Web Development – to ensure process of work in is line with other developers and overall timelines met with release calendar
– Technical Team Members – Sr. UI Managers, Developers, Technical Architects and Technical Analysts, QA team and Ecommerce & Telesales Business Owners
– Web Designers – ensure creative execution is brought to life with input from coding best practices
– User Experience Architects – optimizing user flows and design for online user experience
– Manager, Business Intelligence – tagging components of new Product solutions for accurate measurement of benefits realized & customer behavior.
– Technical vendors
Experience(s) that Best Prepares You:
– Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
– 6+ years of web development experience working with Fortune 500 companies
– 2+ years of Mobile Web development including responsive design
– 2+ years of web ecommerce platform (ATG, Hybris, IBM WebSphere)
– 2+ years working in Agile environment
– Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Company, in its discretion may find appropriate and acceptable.
– Proficient in Bootstrap UI Framework for Web and Mobile and Responsive Web Design.
– Solid understanding of UI objects & coding for reuse and building responsive solution to support all browsers and gadgets.
– Extensive cross-browser and cross-device development experience.
– Experience developing data-driven user interfaces.
– Knowledge of Agile methodology and experience working in a fast-paced Scrum environment.
– Proficiency in the use of modern product development processes and revision control tools.
– Mobile Web application development.
– Knowledge in Java and Spring Framework.
– Exposure in Front End tools like Fiddler, various mobile and tablet devices.
– Experience with Adobe Photoshop, being able to slice images from PSD file, Hybris Digital Ecommerce Platform and phone GAP and Hybrid Mobile application development not mandatory but certainly a plus.
– Development experience for eCommerce solutions, & content management systems
– May need to rapidly produce interim deliverables (such as style guide components, prototypes, proofs of concept, etc.) in addition to the final live site or application
– Experience with mobile & social development / integrations.
– Proficiency with WordPress themes and plugins is desired
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Travel Requirements:
– Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear, taste and/or smell; the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 150 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
– Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations. Nothing in this job description creates a contract of employment in any way for any person. All employees hired by American Tire Distributors, Inc. are employees at will and the company reserves the right to terminate employees at any time for any reason or no reason at all.
Build a challenging and rewarding career with us!
American Tire Distributors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace
Job ID: R05665
Job ID: R05665
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
American Tire Distributors
Through decades of acquisitions and steady growth, ATD has emerged as the nation’s premier tire distributor. We serve customers from over 100 distribution centers across the United States, with nearly 10 million square feet of inventory supported by a rapid delivery network, a field of dedicated sales specialists, an industry-leading technology platform, state-of-the-art logistics and a variety of marketing support programs. Contact Info
– Kirkland, WA
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.