CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink for more information.
The Senior Lead Information Security Engineer is a member of the Information Security Governance and Risk team that is responsible for delivering security requirements and coordinating information security risk assessments to ensure compliance with corporate policy, standards, procedures and industry best practices. The engineer will engage with both internal and external parties to understand emerging threats and implement security controls within the environment to protect CenturyLink information and network assets. The engineer supports the International Business Risk Program by establishing/improving processes to conduct risk assessments on proposed international activities; eliciting business requirements from multiple business stakeholders; converting business requirements to technical requirements and coordinating with project teams; and facilitating meetings with the International Business Risk Review Council (IBRRC), if necessary.
- Define the security direction for the organization, including systems, networks, user services, and vendor development efforts.
- Develop relationships and engage with industry partners, Security Information Exchanges, and other groups to assess industry advances in technical security technologies. Assess security industry trends and provide consultation, recommendations, and implementation advice on emerging technologies.
- Test potential security solutions to validate features and functions, partnering with other organizations in the resolution of interoperability issues to obtain successful integration of security solutions across all platforms.
- Consult with senior management and internal clients across multiple business units on complex security topics and policy interpretation.
- Proactively identify potential security issues within the corporate and carrier infrastructure, and provide strategic direction to avoid risks to CenturyLink information assets.
- Ensure reports and findings are delivered in a timely and appropriate manner to management, operations, and executive leadership.
- Understand new laws and regulations and provide consultation, recommendations, and implementation advice to the organization. Make necessary adjustments to the Information Security Policy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field, or 12+ years of equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience in the administration, design and implementation of security controls including experience in applying methodologies and principles for all levels of security.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, collaboration skills, and experience in presenting technical issues to all levels of management, as well as non-technical staff.
- Must possess current applicable professional/technical certifications, such as CISSP, GPEN, GWAPT, GISEC, CISM or CISA.
- Experience with technologies, tools and process controls to minimize risk and data exposure.
- Strong understanding of common computing attack vectors; information, host and network security hardening and requirements; networking protocols; common intrusion techniques; and common risk management concepts.
- Strong understanding of Microservices software development and Secure DevOps principles.
- Strong understanding of virtualization technologies and virtualization security concepts
- Broad technical knowledge of current and emerging technologies used both within the corporate infrastructure and in delivering customer facing services.
Bachelors or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Denver; US-Kansas-Gardner; US-Louisiana-Monroe
Requisition #: 173621
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/110201 →