Takeoff Tech is a well-funded, 30-person startup enabling retailers to sell groceries online profitably. Takeoff is developing automated aisleless stores coupled with an end-to-end eGrocery technology stack, offering customers the assortment and low prices of supermarkets, fast & easy mobile ordering, and free pickup in an hour.
We are looking for a talented, seasoned UI Designer who can take on the challenge of building the best user experience in the online grocery space. You should be experienced with translating business and user goals into impactful and user-centric designs, including wireframing, navigation flows, visual design, prototyping and user testing. You will work closely with product managers, developers, marketing, account managers and other designers, to evolve and implement your designs.
In addition to your strong user interface design and visual design skills, you bring broad experience across either web or native mobile platforms. Your goal will be to leverage the design standards and leading-edge technologies of your target platform, while working with our other designers to ensure a consistent user experience and visual language across our 3 front end platforms (responsive web, iOS, and Android).
* Design our ecommerce web or mobile apps, following mobile-first and responsive web principles, or native iOS and Android app design guidelines
* Lead the user interface ideation and execution for the sign-up to pick-up user experience
* Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, and digital prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
* Collaborate with product, engineering and retail/ecommerce operations to define and implement innovative solutions for the user experience across web and mobile apps
* Execute all interaction and visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
* Leverage usability testing and beta users to seek user feedback and help team iterate and validate design ideas
* Launch our v1.0 site/apps and continuously improve them across multiple customer deployments to deliver the best online grocery-shopping experience
* Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and customers
* Promote the brand identity, style guide and brand personality across your designs
* 5+ years of UI design experience with leading ecommerce or user-facing software companies
* Digital portfolio showing strong user experience skills for websites or mobile apps
* Experience with mobile-first, responsive web design & development
* Experience shipping native mobile apps on iOS and Android platforms
* Proficiency in Invision, Photoshop, Illustrator and other leading design tools
* Understanding of what it takes to create delightful, consumer-oriented experiences
* Experience as a member of a UI / Front End team participating in the complete product development lifecycle of successfully launched applications
* Solid understanding of interaction design, yet thrives at bringing designs into reality
* Experience working in an agile/scrum development environment
* Excellent attention to detail and a passion for design and craftsmanship
* Collaborative team player with strong communications skills
* Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
* BA/BS in Design, Human-Computer Interaction or related field, Masters a strong plus
Takeoff Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse team. We offer stock options, health & dental plans, flexible paid time off, daily catered lunch, and a fun and supportive company culture.
Our headquarters office is at the historic Watch Factory building along the banks of the Charles River in Waltham. It’s a welcoming space modeled after our prior digs at the CIC startup hub in Cambridge, and offers free parking and access via public transport. Our office features a bright open layout, a fully stocked kitchen and recreational amenities such as a foosball table, office gym and scenic walks along the river. Learn more at *********** [************************************************************
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.