What you’ll be doing…
Verizon Connect is guiding a connected world on the go by automating, optimizing and revolutionizing the way people, vehicles and things move through the world. Our full suite of industry-defining solutions and services put innovation, automation and connected data to work for customers and help them be safer, more efficient and more productive. With more than 3,500 dedicated employees in 15 countries, we deliver leading mobile technology platforms and solutions.
As a SaaS leader, we know our talent is the most important component to our success. We hire top talent and empower them to do their best work. As a division of Verizon, we combine the fun and excitement of a start-up environment with the resources, operational excellence, and brand recognition of an established tech giant.
What we’re looking for…
- Design, write and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Fleetmatics business products
- Solve problems relating to mission critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence
- Influence and create new designs and architectures for enhancing business processes
- Conduct research on emerging technologies
- Develop test cases and write unit tests
- Verifies program operation by confirming tests.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
General Experience Requirements:
- 3+years of programming experience
- Skills, Knowledge, Abilities (e.g. software proficiency, language, project management):
- Experience with .NET MVC, C#, Python, Java, or C++
- Proficient in Software Architecture and Design
- Experience with integration methodologies and tools such as SOAP and REST
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented Design Principles
- Proficient with GIT or other revision control system
Working Conditions/Physical Demands (e.g. lifting 50 lbs, travel requirements):
Able to travel occasionally – up to 25% to various locations
Core Behavioral Attributes(e.g. Interpersonal and communication skills):
Keywords: Telematics, Fleetmatics, Telogis, Skyward
When you join Verizon…
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees’ differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.