We rely on technology to help move our business forward at Sentry. Therefore, we rely on skilled individuals to combine technical knowledge and creative ideas to help us make improvements. Our goal is to provide leading information, data processing, communications, process enhancements, and systems to support the business and management activities. You can contribute with an ability to solve business problems, learn new technologies and critically think about the long-term implications of technical decisions. This position may be filled as a Software Developer or Software Engineer depending on the related experience and qualifications of the selected candidate.
We set up for future technology changes and need associates to help us get there. If your passion lies in ongoing technical learning and making positive contributions to the team, then this is a great opportunity for you!
What You’ll Do
As a Software Engineer, you will contribute to an Agile development team. You will be responsible for several aspects of the solution development lifecycle, including analysis, design, coding and testing. Additionally, you will:
– Analyze business processes and requests to provide estimates, develop and deliver solutions per the project methodology.
– Demonstrate willingness to learn the business domain and uses knowledge to enhance work products.
– Expand job knowledge through assignments, collaboration with associates, participates in training and development opportunities, maintains personal networks, participates in professional organizations.
– Work on application quality from the design phase, includes manual and automated testing.
– security and programming standards (e.g., performance, reliability, maintainability) and participates in code reviews to ensure quality.
What it Takes
What you can bring to the table to be considered for this opportunity:
– Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Web Development or related field or equivalent work experience
– 2+ years of related work experience preferred, with experience in the following technologies or concepts:
o Guidewire PolicyCenter
o JQuery, AJAX, Bootstrap
o MVC Frameworks
o Object/Relational Mapping Frameworks
o Web Services
o Design Patterns
o SQL Server 2012 or higher
– Strong understanding of insurance and how to apply appropriate solutions to meet business needs.
– Understanding of Object Oriented programming languages and concepts
– Familiarity with database design and concepts
– Communications skills, human relations skills and organizational skills.
– Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
– Track record of participating in the design, development and delivery of technical solutions.
What You’ll Receive
Sentry’s excellent benefits package is designed to meet today’s most important needs. Benefits for full-time Sentry Insurance employees include:
– Competitive Compensation
– Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life
– 401 (K) plan with a dollar-for-dollar match on your first eight percent
– Comprehensive paid training
– Generous Paid-Time Off Plan
– Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts
Sentry Insurance has an online employment application. In order to complete it, you need to apply for a specific position. We ask that you apply for one position at a time with us; so if you are interested in several positions, please determine the position in which you are most interested and apply for that position first. If you are not selected for your first choice, we invite you to apply for the next job in which you are interested.
If this is the first time you have applied for a position at Sentry, you will be asked to register. Returning applicants will only need to provide their email address and password.
Who You’ll Want to Contact
Laura Kaczmarski at 715/346-6373
Sentry Insurance is one of the largest and strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States, holding an A+ (superior) rating from A.M. Best. The company and its subsidiaries sell property and casualty insurance, life insurance, annuities and retirement programs for business and individuals throughout the country. Headquartered in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, Sentry employs more than 4,000 associates in 41 states. A complete list of underwriting companies can be found at **************.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Stevens Point, WI
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.