Johnson Controls Inc
Software Engineer Co-Op
What you will do
Johnson Controls invites you to apply for a Spring 2018 software engineering co-op located in New Freedom, PA. This internship is designed to provide you with a positive work/training experience and challenging objectives. Specific identified internship responsibilities are outlined below.
How you will do it
Software Developer – Develop and test IPU3 device driver and application software.
– The software will be developed for the RX63N micro-controller.
– The functions to be developed and/or integrated will include one or more of:
– RTC based calendar clock
– Flash and SD card based files systems
– SPI based communication protocols
– USB communication stack
– USB based file system
– The new software API will be compatible with both IPU2 and S & S.
– The software will operate under control of the Unison embedded operating system.
What we look for
– Currently enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited U.S. college or university
– Pursuing a degree in software engineering or similar
– Available to work full-time during Spring 2018 for the duration of the co-op
– U.S. citizen or legal right to work in the U.S.
– Good understanding of computer and micro-controller architectures.
– Good understanding of micro-controller integrated device and bus controllers.
– Good understanding of embedded operating system concepts and operation.
– Good understanding of driver and application software development for the embedded operating system environment.
– Familiarity with Eclipse software development environment, preferably e2studio.
– Familiarity with GIT source code version control system.
– Excellent communication skills with the ability to work well in a team
– Results oriented with high level of initiative and a proactive nature
Who we are
At Johnson Controls, we’re shaping the future to create a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email
Johnson Controls is a global multi-industrial company with core businesses in the automotive, building and energy storage industries. Our 170,000 employees create quality products and services to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings, energy storage and interior systems for automobiles. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful.Johnson Controls, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance or accommodation during the application process please call ************ and press option #0 or email **********************.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/91494 →