Thermo Fisher Scientific – Software Engineer Job in Java
– Discover Our Stories
– Career Areas
– Field Service
– General Management
– Human Resources
– Operations & Supply Chain
– R & D
– Sales & Marketing
– Software & IT
– Military & Veteran
– Students & New Grads
– Our Culture
– Our Mission & Values
– What We Do
– Our Brands
– Diversity & Inclusion
– Corporate Responsibility
– Employee Experience
– 5 Reasons to Work at Thermo Fisher
– How To
– Virtual Lab Training
– North America
– San Francisco Bay Area
– Latin America
– Featured Areas
Careers at ThermoFisher Scientific
What Story Will You Tell?
Category CATEGORYAccounting/AuditingAdministrative ServicesBioinformaticsBusiness ManagementCommunicationsCorporate Strategy DevelopmentCustomer ServiceEngineeringFacilities / Real EstateFeaturedField ServicesFinance / EconomicsHuman ResourcesInformation SecurityInformation TechnologyInternship & ApprenticeshipLegal & ComplianceManufacturing & ProductionMarketingNew GradOperationsProcurement / PurchasingProduct ManagementProject ManagementQualityRegulatoryResearch & DevelopmentSalesScientistSoftware DevelopmentSupply Chain / Distribution
Country SELECT A COUNTRY
Or Search by Keyword
– Careers Home >
– Job Details
Software Engineer – Java
Job ID :
US – Pennsylvania – Pittsburgh
Software Engineer – Java
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R & D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
What will you do?
Our Software Engineers work within the Digital Engineering group on various enterprise initiatives and technical projects related to Fisher Scientific and Thermo Fisher Scientific ecommerce web sites. Candidate will be part of an agile team that is designing, developing and maintaining web applications and microservices. This position offers a challenging career to work on systems that interface with multiple systems including AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Content Management Systems, Product Information Management System, Search Engine technology, Middleware and ERPs.
– Work within Agile scrum team to design, develop, unit test, debug and maintain Java based web applications in accordance with functional requirements and scope of work
– Contribute and conform to Digital Engineering adopted software development standards
– Focus on quality and continuous improvement to applications and processes
– Participate in production deployment and provide support for product
– Step up when situation demands such as meeting deadlines and resolving critical production issues
How will you get here?
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
– 0 – 2 years of web application development using Java and related technologies.
– Hands-on experience in JDK 1.7 or higher desired
– Hands-on experience in Spring, Spring boot frameworks, webservices and related technologies is highly desirable
– Exposure to Agile delivery methodology and associated tools would be nice to have.
– Work experience or good knowledge of development using Cloud such as AWS, GCP or Azure would be a plus
– Must be fluent in SQL and NoSQL Database concepts
– Hands on experience in coding and scripting (Python, Perl, Ruby, Shell, AWK) would be nice to have
– Experience using version control such as GIT, SVN or Mercurial
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
– Highly motivated and flexible to adopt new technologies, challenges and work in a fast paced environment
– Must be an excellent team player with strong verbal & written communication skills
– Regular day to day job responsibilities does not involve travel
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular missionenabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Link for schema
Join our Talent Community
If you’re ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join
5 Reasons to Work at Thermo Fisher ScientificView
Search Jobs by MapSearch
THE STORIES WE TELL
MY WORK IS A STORY OF MOMENTUM
INSPIRING FUTURE SCIENTISTS
Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Follow along to learn more about #LifeAtThermoFisher around the world!
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
– Thermo Scientific
– Applied Biosystems
– Fisher Scientific
– Unity Lab Services
– About Us
2018 Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
– Accessibility/Disability Access
– Terms & Conditions
– Privacy Statement
– EEO & Affirmative Action Statement
– Powered by SmashFly
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability status. Read More
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. Read More
Philadelphia’s Fair Chance Hiring Law Read More
Disability Access If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, including the use of this website, please Click Here.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws; Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA); Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO); and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.