About Penn Mutual
Since 1847, Penn Mutual has been committed to helping people live life with confidence. At the heart of this purpose is the belief that life insurance is central to a sound financial plan. Through our network of trusted advisers, we are dedicated to helping individuals, families and businesses achieve their dreams. Penn Mutual supports its advisers with retirement and investment services through Hornor, Townsend & Kent, Inc. Registered Investment Advisor and wholly owned subsidiary. Member FINRA/SIPC. We are proud to work together in a values-driven and relationship-based culture. Visit Penn Mutual at www.pennmutual.com.
Responsible for but not limited to design, code development, implementation and support of Java/J2EE based technical solutions for various business initiatives at the Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company. Responsibilities include working with the business to define future direction and requirements, leading the development, support, optimization, and maintenance of various applications and systems and research and evaluation of technology solutions.
- Responsible for design, code, configuration, and implementation of high quality software solutions that are delivered on time and within budget.
- Provide technical input on various technologies and address the impacts of those decisions across the enterprise.
- Support the best practices needed to ensure on time, quality software solution deliverables.
- Understand the vision of how the products and systems will be implemented and maintained, and ensure the integrity of the vision throughout the product’s lifecycle.
- Mentor junior and engineering teams and provide focused technical leadership in one or more areas.
- Develop and review task estimates and assumptions during sprint planning and at key project milestones. Validate the development approach and assumptions that underlie the delivery plans.
- Participate in design, code, and QA walkthroughs and reviews.
- Stay abreast of the ever changing technology industry to make sure solutions developed are following internal and industry “best practices” and will meet the needs of the business going forward. Research and evaluate emerging technology solutions.
- Communicate at the appropriate level within and outside of IT the technical direction and proposed solutions for various projects and initiatives.
- Provide documentation for IT initiatives per responsibility.
- Provide feedback on requirements for understandability, completeness, and feasibility.
- Provide input to create accurate and complete project plans.
- Provide timely and accurate project status.
- Recognize areas for change and champion the effort needed to affect change.
- Ensure all technical standards are incorporated as appropriate.
- Complies with all company and site policies and procedures.
- Remains current in profession and industry trends.
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Technology analysis, research and documentation skills and the ability to translate technology analysis and research into workable solutions or solution components is required.
- Strong analysis, judgment, decision making, and planning skills working in a proactive manner, and a desire to continuously learn new skills.
- Passion and demonstrated ability for continuous process improvement.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Strong skills in explaining, describing and graphically portraying design elements.
- Willingness to broaden technical, functional, and industry skill base and to keep current with industry information and technical knowledge.
- Strong understanding of the tools and methodologies to architect and design applications and systems.
- Must be able to work independently and prioritize work effectively.
- Strong organization skills required.
- Understands enterprise-level architecture principles.
- Strong business perspective and the ability to relate technology concepts to business requirements.
- Ability to make a positive contribution as demonstrated by learning new skills and making suggestions for process/procedure improvement.
- Ability to work with others in a collaborative team environment.
- 3+ years of software or systems development and engineering experience including analysis, design, development, support, and optimization.
- Experience required in the standard design patterns.
- Must have strong knowledge of standard concepts, practices and procedures for enterprise software development in an Agile development environment.
- Extensive working experience on the Java 6 or higher, XML/XSLT and XML Parsing, XML Binding Tools (JaxB or Xstream), Web Services development (SOAP and Restful), Java Peristence APIs or ORM (e.g. Ibatis, Spring ORM), Spring, JMS Middleware (ActiveMQ, SonicMQ etc), Relational Databases (Oracle) and Tomcat Web Server (version 6.0 or higher)
- Experience with productivity /build tools: Eclipse IDE, and Maven
- Understanding or Experience working with NoSQL technology like Cassandra, MongoDB, CouchDB etc., preferred
- Understanding of Lucene based search technology like Solr/Elastic Search, preferred
- Understanding of distributed compute engines like Hadoop/Spark, preferred
- Bachelor’s or higher-level degree in Information Technology or related discipline.
Salary Level = 21
All Associates Exemplify Our Penn Mutual Values:
Acting With Integrity—We have the conscious intention to do the right thing.
Respecting One Another—We see each other’s distinctiveness as a valued asset.
Focusing on Relationships—We foster meaningful connections with others.
Sustaining Our Legacy—We are trusted guardians for what we promise.
A Shared Sense of Belonging—We evoke our place as part of a world that we influence and influences us.
For Leadership roles within Penn Mutual, we believe the below characteristics are essential:
Execution Focused – “Gets it done” and drives progress and results towards strategic objectives.
Strategic – “Sees the big picture and challenges boundaries, takes risks and innovates to execute and advance Penn Mutual’s strategy.
Authentic – “Keeps it real” and is principled, transparent, trustworthy and accountable.
Decisive – “Makes the call” and demonstrates courage, confidence and a bias for action.
Empowering – “Develops people” and sets clear expectations, delegates effectively and encourages risk taking.
Influential – “Sets the tone” and inspires, motivates and persuades others through their decisions and actions.
Horsham, Pennsylvania, United States
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/118663 →