EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
EBSCO has an immediate opening for a talented Software Developer to join our ranks in our Ipswich Office. This role will focus on one of our most mission critical projects within all of EBSCO’s Medical Technology Stack. This position calls for an experienced Java developer who has demonstrated experience in all phases of application development and support in a team environment. This developer should be a self-starter that can handle multiple priorities simultaneously. Most importantly, the candidate should display a pattern of continual learning and a desire to broaden their software development, design and testing skills. EBSCO provides state-of-the-art hardware and development tools coupled with a team of highly skilled developers with cutting edge technologies.
– Provide expertise on system architecture, design, implementation, testing, delivery, and operation of internal Java based systems.
– Work directly with product management and your team while analyzing and decomposing complex software requirement into simple stories for planning and execution.
– Collaborate with your team to manage and estimate the size and complexity of the features. Perform the technical design, implementation, and testing of features and commit to stories can be accomplished in an iteration.
– With your team, own system and feature quality throughout the development, testing, deployment and operation phases to ensure quality delivery expectations are met.
– Drive value and build to continuously improve the quality of the team’s deliverables.
– Conduct new technology research, proof of concept, and design work that will provide direction for the enhancement of the overall system and products.
– Contribute to software engineering best practices for design, coding standards, performance, security, delivery, and maintainability.
– Live the principles behind the Agile Manifesto and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) in all interactions.
– 3+ years of professional web development experience using or Server-Side Java.Microsoft .Net technologies are not required but are a huge plus.
– Demonstrated 2+ years of experience with Enterprise Java components including JSP, Servlets, JDBC, XML, XSLT, Modern Java Web Frameworks, Spring and Hibernate.
– 2+ years’ experience with Relational Database Management Systems, Knowledge of joins, views, triggers, stored procedures, data normalization, etc.
– 2+ years of experience with Tomcat, Apache and/or other app servers.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science.
The Software Engineer will play a key role in Content Systems Engineering Development team. We are looking for an excellent engineer to help support existing applications as well as contribute to the development of new project initiatives. You must have good organizational skills and have the ability to collaborate and work directly with our internal customers to solve complex business and technical issues. Role Base Competencies:
– Technical Excellence: Demonstrates solid understanding of programming concepts, design patterns, and data structures.
– Business Analysis: Ability to strategically identify areas for improvement that will yield the highest business value. Focus on delivering incremental value to production.
– Negotiating and Consensus Building: Evangelize test-driven development and quality engineering practices to prevent defects, rather than find them.
– Openness to criticism and ideas: Often solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback.
– Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative and maintains this standard in all forms of written communications, including email. Effectively communicates and presents technical concepts to technical and non-technical professionals.
– Teamwork: Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
– Strategic thinking/visioning: Able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. Determines opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
– Aggressiveness: Moves quickly and takes a forceful stand without being abrasive.
– Follow through on commitments: Lives up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal cost.
– Intelligence: Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
EBSCO Industries, ****** an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Developer, Java, Engineer, Software Engineer, Computer Science, Technology, Engineering Apply now
About this company
EBSCO Way is the philosophy we grow by. In addition to ten operating principles, these are the characteristics we value in our people and teams. We strive to fill our businesses with teams of motivated, positive people, unified by a shared set of principles and practices, focused on common objectives. We know from experience that environments like that create success and endless possibilities. We strive for a culture of entrepreneurship. We seek new ideas and encourage innovation. Successful team members are entrepreneurial by nature.
Location/Region: Ipswich, MA (US)
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/146177 →