What You’ll Do
You’re an experienced Software Engineer for our Developer Tools Team delivering mission-critical applications and services. You have experience in building new software offerings with agility and urgency.
– Proposing, planning, and developing new solutions.
– Creation of new tooling (from concept inception to productization)
– Support and maintenance of existing functionality
– Providing tech talks and training for users
– Performance & Usability Evaluation
– Communication and Collaboration with the broader, Cisco-wide developer community
Who You’ll Work With
It is exciting times in Cisco, the respected industry leader in networking. Our leadership position was made possible through our engineering community. Our engineers are the best in their area, using/implementing a wide variety of development technologies in their daily work. We develop in a fast paced, dynamic environment, working closely with the immediate team as well as representatives from the broader, world-wide, multi-functional engineering organization. We are rapidly growing our teams, and need particular help PAW and Codenet projects
– 3-5 years of experience in Java, Python or other modern programming languages/technologies.
– Strong scripting experience (Python/Shell, etc)
– Excellent understanding of RESTful web services
– Experience in or passion for distributed systems such as Cassandra, Kafka
– Good understanding of SCM tools (Git), CI/CD (Jenkins/Maven etc) process.
– Strong self-motivation for solving problems and innovating with furious intent to improve the customer experience
– Strong problem solving and software development/troubleshooting skills. Ability to ‘think in code’ and discuss ideas and algorithms.
– Past experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
– Proven understanding of modern software deployment and management techniques
– Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced dynamic environment with little supervision
You are a good fit if you are:
– A self-starter
– Detail oriented
– Able to peel the onion finding the root cause
– Resourceful in getting things done.
BSCS or equivalent with 4-6+ years of related experience is required. New college grads or exceptional candidates with less or different experience encouraged to apply.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with rare personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired strong performers. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.