Information Technology Services (ITS)
The ITS unit exists to provide comprehensive information technology delivery and support in the form of personnel, desktop and mobile computing, multi-media equipment, hardware, network infrastructure, software, telephone and network cabling services to the University community. This unit is the centralized computing services for the University.
Information Support Services (ISS)
Information Support Services, a division of Information Technology Services (ITS), exists to provide the central administration and support for administrative, academic and web service functions at Colorado State University-Pueblo. ISS consults with the campus community to discover and meet the computing software needs of the University and makes recommendations to facilitate these requests. Provides management, planning, integration and support of effective and efficient business solutions by designing, developing, enhancing, and implementing quality University enterprise information technology systems and customer support services.
The System Developer Analyst will participate as a team member with the implementation, integration and ongoing support of the university’s Student Information System (SIS), administrative systems and other third party products. Responsibilities will include analysis, design, development, testing, and troubleshooting software integration and implemented solutions.
The position will:
- Support web and object-oriented programming concepts and methods with the ability to identify appropriate implementation steps within the project management life cycle.
- Ensure continual innovation by assisting project team with research, investigation and analysis of system requirements.
- Perform analysis, design, development, testing, implementing and product support.
- Communicate with non-technical software users, vendors, team members.
- Develop programs and documentation based on system specifications.
- Efficiently troubleshoot to identify and resolve issues.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design/develop efficient, quality applications that meet the user specifications and the standards established. Perform complete analysis, design, testing, and gaining user approval for implementation of new and existing system applications. Responsible for development in current programming languages utilized by the University (user interface and job control languages).
- Analysis. Provide information to team and users as necessary. Explain/understand existing system philosophy and functionality; investigate users’ concerns and provide explanations, solutions, and/or make decisions on how to correct concerns; recommend to supervisor and team most appropriate or efficient ways of processing data and/or implementation of office procedures to ensure accurate processing.
- Testing/documenting. Conduct module and system testing to ensure accurate results and optimal performance. Test of code at multiple levels of integration. Maintain documentation internal and external (if necessary) to application source code that will best support future maintenance. Maintain notes and documentation in organized manner.
- Implementation. Deployment of quality products. Provide information to team members using developed skills, concepts, and knowledge of systems. Consider effects on entire system resources and general philosophy. Investigate processes to determine most efficient, accurate way to accomplish tasks; recommend enhancements to improve quality of services; attempt to utilize existing applications to accomplish tasks, if possible.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor, related to administrative system support, training or special projects.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in computer information systems, computer science, technology support or related field.
- At least two years’ experience in supporting administrative software.
- Working knowledge of object-oriented programming concepts and methods.
- Knowledge and/or experience working with relational databases, Oracle or Microsoft SQL server
- Working knowledge of software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Experience with software change management and production turnover process.
- Experience with web standards like HTTP, JSON.
- Knowledge on how to use and consume RESTful services.
- Previous experience with Higher Education software support.
- Previous experience with server side web technologies.
- Strong organization and communication skills with an attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and independently.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative as a motivated “self-starter”.
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software.
- Ability to design, implement and document systems.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/127230 →