You’re probably reading this on your smartphone or tablet. Or, maybe you’re reading it on your Mac or PC. Imagine what would happen if your tech broke, was stolen, fell into the water, or crashed and stopped working? Panic. Scrambling. How do I fix it? What will it cost? Uncertainty about something that you touch, depend on, and practically co-exist with every day. We’ve all gone through the experience – or had nightmares about it.
Asurion understands technology and the role it plays in everyday life. We replace. We fix. We find. We solve. We keep people in the game. Available 24/7, we speak six languages and work across any device, platform, or provider to ensure 300 million global consumers’ devices and appliances stay online and on the job. There’s only one system like it on earth, built by Asurion – Life’s Operating System.
Want to make a difference in people’s connected lives and be a change agent? We’re a technology company. But we’re also an amazing group of people. We’re a Great Place to Work (officially certified) and The Muse called us one of 16 Companies as Innovative as Apple.
As a Solution Architect, on our Back Office team, you will play a vital role in ensuring that our repair, replacement and remanufacturing services are leading the industry, continuously improving and always focused on exceeding the customer’s expectations.
Role and Responsibilities:
* Build trusted working relationships with key technology and business leaders
* Develop a firm understanding of current business capabilities, application portfolios, operations and strategic goals
* See the ‘big picture’ and rationalize architectural decisions in alignment with business tactical and strategic objectives
* Translate business needs and strategic objectives into technology solutions that drive key performance indicators
* Perform hands-on solution design, solution architectures, architecture roadmaps, prototyping, proof-of-concepts, and development tasks as required in support of current and new projects
* Ensure solutions are scalable, secure, aligned and drive business success
* Keep up with the industry trends and bring in new ideas to show/sell to the business/technology leaders as they fit to their objectives
* Maintain a manner of leadership and flexibility that diffuses pressure and promotes a positive team atmosphere
* Define and leverage metrics to drive performance and outcomes
* Work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple simultaneous priorities
* Translate business strategy to information technology strategy and tactical plans
* Develop architectural diagrams and tell a story through effective use of visuals
* Solve complex problems
* Communicate ideas in both technical and business-friendly language across all levels of the organization
* Work in both a team and independent environment
* Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field required
* 5+ years of relevant experience
* Experience in Systems engineering techniques such as architecture modeling, alternative analysis, tradeoff analysis, and portfolio analysis
* Working knowledge of Agile/Scrum delivery methods, tools, and concepts as part of the full software development life cycle
* Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with internal business and technology communities
* Flexibility and versatility to embrace change in a rapidly growing business
* Experience with Supply Chain and Financial systems
* Certifications from architecture bodies like Open Group, IASA, SEI
* Experience in AWS cloud TEC01663 | Nashville | Tennessee | US | 2018/05/21
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.