CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink for more information.
Are you an agile developer who loves creating elegant solutions to complex problems? Do you enjoy coding and find yourself learning the latest development practices, platforms, and design patterns because it’s fun? Are you excited by the Web Services technology space, and want to contribute to its evolving styles and patterns? Do you regularly read code blogs to stay in touch with the development community? If you enjoy the challenge of balancing customer needs, business value, and technical solutions and love collaborating with smart people who help you do more than you thought you could do and your peers are drawn to work with you because you’re fun and help them grow then look no further.
The Enterprise Business Support Systems is part of the CenturyLink Product Development & Technology organization and is responsible for delivering enterprise quoting solutions to our sales organization. As a Senior Software Developer for Sales Enablement you will provide technical leadership within the engineering team and for our business partners. This position will be responsible for delivering high quality solutions that meet business objectives in a flexible, collaborative and rapidly changing delivery environment. It requires highly motivated and focused developers curious to build new and innovative solutions for our users.
- Design, develop and drive the next generation of Sales Enablement solutions for CenturyLink
- Drive continuous integration and deployment strategies leveraging tools like Jenkins with a DevOps philosophy
- Be a champion of new ways of collaborating with technology and business partners
- Search out and evangelize new and emerging technologies including open source tools
- Influence and implement improvements and efficiencies in the technical aspects of the development process
- Ensure the highest quality software is developed, delivered and maintained
- Be a key leader in the agile process fostering collaboration, prioritization, team accountability and transparency
- Be a mentor to junior members of the team
- 5+ years demonstrated real world experience in .Net enterprise web application development
- Object oriented languages such as Java, C# or C++
- Microsoft technologies with .Net
- Software engineering principles and design patterns
- Database principles with SQL and Oracle
- Strong understanding of
- Working knowledge of Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment and DevOps principles
- Working knowledge of the implementation of microservices in .NET Core
- Understanding of TDD and Unit Testing frameworks
- Thorough understanding of agile software development methodologies, values and procedures
- Experience mentoring and guiding junior developers
- Experience building designs and reviewing them with architects
- Expertise in the software development lifecycle with proven examples of delivery process improvement
- Curiosity to understand and leverage new tools and technologies
- Strong desire to leverage technology for a superior customer experience
- Excellent team player with the ability to influence and negotiate
- Self-motivated as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
Bachelors or Equivalent
Masters or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield; US-Colorado-Denver; US-Colorado-Littleton; US-Colorado-Lone Tree; US-Louisiana-Lafayette; US-Louisiana-Monroe
Requisition #: 174026
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/115421 →