Sr. Systems Analyst in Owings Mills, MD – CareFirst
Looking for Health Insurance?
– Jobs at CareFirst
– Our Teams
– Talent Network
– Why Work at CareFirst
– Students & Graduates
– More Information
Sr. Systems Analyst
Updated: February 21, 2018
Location: Owings Mills, MD, United States
Job ID: 9678-1A
Resp & Qualifications
Under the general supervision of a Director, Manager, or Supervisor, the Senior Systems Analyst’s accountabilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Provides systems analysis guidance and consultation on moderately complex systems. Participates in the analysis of existing business rules, processes, and systems to recommend process and system enhancements to improve business performance and maximize the effectiveness of available technology. Leads effort to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate technical requirements for moderately complex changes to information systems, acting as a liaison between Business Analysts and IT technical team. Leads technical requirements analysis and verification sessions for moderately complex projects. Participates in the moderately complex business/user/functional requirements analysis, verification and prioritization sessions. Accountable for validating these to meet IT intake criteria. Develops sizing estimates for project requests and determines feasibility of implementing new systems or modifying existing systems. Collaborates with other IT staff to provide alternative system solutions that will meet client’s requirements while minimizing development and maintenance costs.
2. Documents system requirements and oversees documentation of technical solution for moderately complex systems. Supports the development of technical specifications and provides ongoing assistance and consultation to software developers and software testing engineers to resolve problems to ensure that the applications software meets the client’s requirements. Supports the creation of a refined Project Requirements Document. Coordinates with other IT staff to maintain systems in accordance with priorities and scheduled target dates. Reviews and analyzes moderately complex business, user, functional and non-functional requirements and other related requirements artifacts to determine technical solution alternatives. Coordinates with Business Analysts to ensure traceability of technical solution to defined requirements. Manages, tracks, and communicates status of technical requirements documentation. Manages changes to baseline technical requirements documentation. Works closely with Application Developers to assist in the development of proofs of concept and alternative solutions to create, maintain and enhance business value. Educates Business Analysts and stakeholders about the underlying capabilities of the technology stack.
3. Provides ongoing client support for system questions and problems; serves as subject matter expert for designated systems; analyzes and researches moderately complex system problems, coordinating with vendors and other parties as necessary, and tracks them to resolution; develops, documents, and communicates alternative workarounds for system defects until system solutions can be implemented. Supports the installation of software releases, including critical and emergency installs. Provides ongoing assistance to software developers and testers to resolve moderately complex defects during the development and testing process. As needed, develops and executes test plans and documents test results. Tracks and manages open technical solution issues and plans for their resolution.
4. Performs team administrative duties including status reporting. Develops project management and analytical skills and increases applications and technical knowledge. Obtains a high level of technical and business knowledge. Develops a solid understanding of emerging technologies and how they may be leveraged to advance CareFirst’s strategies, goals, and objectives.
Required Experience, Abilities & Skills:
This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Business or relevant work experience in systems analysis/design and 3-6 years of direct Systems Analyst experience.
– Understanding of business processes related to systems supported. Recognized as true systems subject matter expert ( e.g., Pega, Facets, etc. )
– Knowledge of and demonstrated experience with current relevant technologies used in the development, implementation, and support of software solutions. (e.g.., Pega, Tibco, Amberpoint, Webservices, XML, Cobol, JCL, Easytrieve, SQL, MQ Series, Java, C++, etc)
– Experience in accurately modeling requirements using at least one if not more of the following: State Diagrams, System Context Diagrams, User Interface Prototype, Activity Diagram, Workflow Diagrams, External Interface Diagrams, Dataflow Diagrams.
– Experience with moderately complex systems projects. Includes demonstrated experience with development of technical solutions and technical specification documentation. Demonstrated ability to lead projects with limited prior system/business knowledge of affected system.
– Demonstrated leadership skills. Experience with coaching/mentoring other associates.
– Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
– Experience in systems design with working knowledge of multiple formalized DBMSs
– Extensive PC skills including Microsoft office software such as Word, Power Point, , and Excel.
– Experience with MS Visio or other process / flow charting tool.
– Basic understanding of systems solution architecture and data architecture processes and practices.
– Basic understanding of system project life cycle methodologies (e.g., Traditional/Waterfall vs Iterative) and software process improvement (SPI) best practices.
– Experience with the health insurance industry, especially with BCBS plans.
– Experience with CareFirst business analysis and requirements (business, user, and technical – functional/non-functional) development and management) processes and tools.
– Experience with project management software.
– Experience with systems development, implementation, and maintenance,
– Experience with software testing and/or defect tracking and testing tools.
– Experience with relational databases, to include development of queries and reports.
– Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP).
Department: HIX Enrollment Delivery & Operations
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Please visit our website to apply: *************************
Please apply before: 12/31/2017
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted. Travel to other CareFirst sites may be required.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship
– Company Overview
– News Releases
– Signature Programs
– Our History
– Awards & Recognition
– Corporate Offices & Locations
– Service Area Map
– Jobs at CareFirst
– Join Our Team
– Why Work at CareFirst
– Students & Graduates
Leagal & Mandates
– ACA Rate Increase Justification
– Patient Rights & Responsibilities
– Health Care Fraud Prevention
– Quality Improvement
– Transparency in Coverage
– Mental Health Parity
– MD Proposed Rate Increase Law
– Virginia Claims or Coverage Denials
– Machine Readable Data
– Nondiscrimination Notice and Foreign Language Assistance
– Summary of Preventive Services
– Multimedia Resources
– Healthcare Resources
– Media Inquiries
– Health Insurance Glossary
– Contact Us
– Site Map
Language Assistance Available
– Din Bizaad
– d Yorb
– Ting Vit
Connect with us:
Serving Maryland, the District of Columbia and portions of Virginia, CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is the shared business name of CareFirst of Maryland, Inc. and Group Hospitalization and Medical Services, Inc. CareFirst BlueChoice, Inc. and First Care, Inc. are affiliate companies and also offer health benefit products and services on this site.
CareFirst of Maryland, Inc., Group Hospitalization and Medical Services, Inc., First Care, Inc., The Dental Network and CareFirst BlueChoice, Inc. are independent licensees of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. The Blue Cross and Blue Shield Names and Symbols are registered trademarks of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or generic information.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. To comply with this law, CareFirst must collect information regarding an employee’s identity and employment eligibility and document that information on a document referred to as Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, no later than three business days from when the employee begins work for pay. If you are hired, you will be required to provide certain information on the form necessary to establish your identity and eligibility to work in the United States and certain required supporting documents.
If you experience any technical difficulties during this process, please send an email detailing the specific problem you are having to ********************* and we will respond as soon as possible.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c) If you believe that you have experienced discrimination, contact OFCCP at ************ (TTY ************) or ******************
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/142914 →