Category: Project Management
City: Lebanon, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J0318-1242
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
Build a Career that Matters at CGI’s Lafayette Center
The ideal candidate has detailed knowledge of Windows and Linux systems and coding skills. He/She thrives in a highly technical role where the challenges are as diverse as they are abundant. If you have this unique combination of scripting/programming and IT-professional skills then you may be our perfect candidate!
Technologies needed to be familiar with:
– Private, Public, and Hybrid Cloud Architectures
o VMWare ESX (Hypervisor)
– Continuous Integration and Delivery (Jenkins or similar)
– Puppet experience is ideal, but will look at Chef, Ansible or Salt
– Expertise scripting in Python, Bash, PowerShell etc.
– Experience integrating RESTful APIs across multiple technologies
– Basic TCP/IP networking knowledge a plus
– Previous roles in QA or QA Automation a plus
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Based on the candidates experience, tasks will include : CM/Infrastructure, DevOps, or Automated Testing work.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
General experience (what you need to know):
– Automate all aspects of infrastructure and platform services
o Accelerates Engineering Team productivity by creating scripts, tools, utilities or code to address issues with new projects and existing operational procedures
o Develops code, builds systems and tools to automate deployments and operations tasks more effectively and consistently
– Helps to build, automate and monitor our infrastructure
o Create the design, implementation, and ongoing management of systems that deliver against strict requirements for functionality, scalability, performance, and reliability.
o Use of tools such as Vagrant, Puppet, Docker, Jenkins, Consul, and others to create and maintain application environments and deployment pipeline
o Serve as a technical escalation point for critical pre-production issues and drives escalation/resolution of problems into Development, QA, and Operations teams.
– Collaborate with development to design in-house monitoring tools/software for managing the SCM and Development Operations environments.
o Experience providing direct operations support to development teams
o Execution and automation of system administration tasks in both Windows and Linux including installing software, user and permissions management, etc.
– Experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum, SAFe, etc.) and ceremonies
– Develop and define processes and procedures to proactively manage all pre-production and production environments.
– Work with multiple in-house and external Software Configuration Management (SCM) teams to assist in new architectural needs and optimize existing environments to improve workflow and productivity.
– Adopt, customize and implement best practice DevOps policies and DevOps procedures (encouraging collaboration across Dev, Ops, Security, etc. using process, tools, and human interaction)
– Experience with Puppet and Puppet Enterprise creating and maintaining manifests
Extra Experience that is helpful to have:
– Design, build and execute against client’s Infrastructure (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) offerings
– Help define requirements for client’s Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) offerings
– Provide Sr. Management with metrics and other reporting materials for the executive team.
– Develop and define processes and procedures to proactively manage all pre-production and production environments
– Work closely with strategic planning groups to provide future technologies direction that fits executive vision.
Bachelors Degree is required.
What you can expect from us:Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change – supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at ***********.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at ********************************. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/134215 →