Thinknear by Telenav is a leader in the mobile advertising industry. Our vision is to power the mobile advertising world at scale with location aware contextual information. This involves showing the right ad at the right time to the right person. In order to accomplish this, on any given day, the Thinknear platform must handle billions of ad impressions and terabytes of data. Needless to say, we are constantly looking for ways to optimize our systems.
About This Role
The User Experience Designer will be responsible for creating simple, intuitive analytics and campaign management interfaces for external clients (advertisers, agencies & channel partners) and internal customers (account management, business analysts, traffickers) — so it’s important that you have experience with many design disciplines/skill sets. These interfaces will be used by a wide array of user types and present massive volumes of data — so creativity and flexibility are a must, as is empathy for the needs of many user types.
Who are you? You’re a designer with a knack for data visualization and business intelligence UIs, streamlined data management platforms, and communicating a lot of data in an intuitive and non-overwhelming fashion. You are technically adept, with a passion for solving business problems with user experience solutions. You’re more concerned with usability and presenting data intuitively than you are with pixel perfection. You’re also keen on timeliness of delivery and not being bogged down by design or software development methodology religiosity.
- Design and prototype user interfaces for data visualization, analysis, exploration and campaign data manipulation
- Work closely with Product and Engineering teams to conceptualize, define, prioritize and build and improve features
- Create and maintain thorough design specs, work on both low fidelity wireframes/user-flows and high-fidelity mock-ups and complete final designs for implementation.
- Ensure that client-facing products and features adhere to brand guidelines
- Advocate on behalf of the user, with the goal of creating the most efficient and easy-to-understand experience possible
- Collaborate Product team on new design/layout
- Perform some usability testing with internal stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of visual design and UI design principles for web applications
- At least 3 years designing visually engaging data and task-driven web applications.
- MUST have experience with prototyping tools such as Axure
- Experience with designing complex Web applications, not just simple Web sites, and interfacing at a deep level with the engineers implementing the product (i.e. enough so that you know the cost/benefits of one design decision on engineering implementation, vs. an alternative design). Bonus: Working on business intelligence platforms.
- Provide a portfolio of previous work.
- Experience working in an agile, collaborative environment with issue tracking and wiki tools (i.e. JIRA, Confluence or similar)
Telenav is a leading provider of connected car and location-based platform services, focused on transforming life on the go for people — before, during, and after every drive. Leveraging our location platform, global brands such as Ford, GM, Toyota and AT&T deliver custom connected car and mobile experiences. Additionally, advertisers such as Nissan, Denny’s, Walmart, and Best Buy reach millions of users with our highly-targeted advertising platform. To learn more about how Telenav’s location platform powers personalized navigation, mapping, big data intelligence, social driving, and location-based ads, visit www.telenav.com.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/114144 →