Verisk Analytics Job OpportunitiesView Job
Careers | Contact Verisk
U.S. Job Search
Login to Job Section
My Candidate Home
Help with Job Application
Non-U.S. Job Search
Your previous session has expired.
UX Designer (XW)
Job ID: ********-11862-TL Company Name: Xactware
– Formal UX design training and/or relevant preparatory experience and portfolio with 3+ years of experience.
– Proficient with current software packages used in the field of UX such as, but not limited to: Framer, InVision, Sketch, or other prototyping tools.
– Demonstrate understanding of layout, typography, and visual hierarchy. Uses Xactware design principles with a holistic consideration of a product’s future.
– Consistently demonstrates the defined design process and uses it to contextualize their work.
– Proficiency in information architecture, information design, interaction design, and user flows. Consistently considers the holistic user experience and potential states (errors, successes, dead-ends) in their work.
– Sound knowledge of web and mobile technologies.
– Communicate comfortably and effectively with external users and internal teams (product, engineering, etc.), in a way that builds trust and confidence with customers and colleagues.
– s work clearly, early, and often with stakeholders using Basecamp, presentations, and CRITs.
– Actively works to filter and prioritize feedback.
– Ability to plan usability testing and deliver artifacts for testing. Ability to use acquired user insight, analytics, best practice knowledge, and competitor analysis to inform design decisions.
– Can deliver appropriate level of specification needed to ensure high quality development on time.
– Works well in groups and independently.
– Convey inherent curiosity, empathy for end users, and a passion for user experience.
– Ability to actively listen to customers and internal stakeholders.
– Demonstrate time/priority management.
Good verbal and written communication skills.
– Take direction from a senior UX team member on a variety of functions from daily production needs to the creation of high fidelity design mock-ups and prototypes while collaborating with visual designers, developers, product owners, marketing, and content managers to define user experience and champion the user.
– Collaborate as appropriate on creating user stories to define development tasks. Create activity flows, wireframes, prototypes and design mock-ups as needed to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors.
– Analyze user interface problems and requirements to create on-brand design solutions that meet business goals and conform to established standards/guidelines.
– Effectively negotiate trade-offs with product management and engineering.
– Contribute to the creation of usability studies on a variety of projects and features.
– Successfully uses existing visual and UX patterns to ensure a consistent intuitive experience. Identifies and flags instances where existing patterns break down in their own work and diverges responsibly.
Expertise – User Interface Design/Web Design/User Experience Design
Job TypeFull Time
Years of Experience3-5 Years
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, age or disability.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.