SEG currently has a position available for an Engineer support the MDA/IP program office Chief Engineer and Chief System Engineer to perform independent technical assessments of MDA/IP weapon systems performance. Conduct assigned assessments, coordinate efforts with supporting staff, and generate draft products prior to submission. Use Government provided engineering simulations such as DSAT, ADAPT, CAWSS, SASEM, RT3DOF, and MBERST as required. Assist in developing configuration management records and documentation. Assist with the maturation and revision of the models and simulations as changes occur in the systems. Validate the models with results from flight tests and compare the results with user provided data. Prepare simulation verification, validation, and configuration management reports. Prepare system performance assessment reports, including associated supporting documentation. Support integration of missile defense sub-system elements into system elements. Prepare system related documents such as Sensor Fusion Analysis, Timeline Analysis, Engagement Planning Analysis, and State Diagrams. Conduct 5) Perform Reliability, Availability and Maintainability (RAM) analyses.
Work may require travel 10% to 15% of the time to various locations to include integration sites, and test sites within the CONUS or OCONUS.
- Education/Experience: BS degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or Science with 7 years experience
- Security Clearance: Active SECRET Clearance
- Possess an ability to plan, coordinate, and support product development in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Excellent people, organizational, management and leadership skills
- Capable of working as a team member to solve engineering/scientific problems
- Capable of providing engineering/scientific support on systems, system elements, interfacing systems, components, devices and/or processes for developmental and operational weapon system engineering programs
- Capable of implementing system engineering processes across a program acquisition life cycle
- Work as a team member and assist with solving complex problems
- Ability to conduct Perform Reliability, Availability and Maintainability (RAM) analyses
- Capability to use the Microsoft Office package to include Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Ability to obtain a US Passport
- BS degree in Engineering, Mathematics or Physics
- Experience in the design, development, testing, production, or production of missile defense weapon systems or components
- Knowledge of the various Upper and Lower Tier weapon systems within MDA/IP
- Experience working through Failure Review Board process and resolution of findings
- Familiarity with current threats as well as future threat designs, functionality, performance, countermeasures, and ability to defend against these threats.
- Experience with interacting and supporting high level government customers to include generating briefing and written products and presenting information at the executive level
- Have a US Passport
Systems Engineering Group, Inc. (SEG) is a highly regarded provider of air and missile defense threat engineering and combat, radar, and missile systems engineering and analysis. Principal customers include the U.S. Navy, Missile Defense Agency, and Industry. SEG is headquartered in Columbia, MD and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Telephonics Corporation. SEG provides excellent benefits and outstanding training to grow the capacity of staff in relevant areas.
This position is located in Huntsville, AL.
We are an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or any other protected characteristic. Reasonable accommodations may include but are not limited to, that which may enable individuals with disabilities and special disabled veterans to perform the essential functions of this position.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/115585 →