About this role
The Fixed Income Core PM team has responsibility for managing Blackrock’s Fixed Income portfolios, covering a wide variety of mandate types including systematic and fundamental funds, active and index funds, exchange traded funds and Fixed Income hedge funds. The team liaises closely with many areas of Fixed Income and is responsible for ensuring that Fixed Income portfolios are managed effectively and in a consistent and risk-controlled manner.
The Core PM Architecture team are designing and developing portfolio construction algorithms to significantly increase automation and productivity across Core PM globally. They are also partnering with Technology teams to develop the core platform with which to deploy algorithms robustly at scale. Algorithms have already been successfully deployed which are event-based and automatically propose order lists that rebalance funds back to target. A key focus is developing algorithms and analytics to support the rapid growth of Fixed Income ETFs.
A successful candidate will be familiar with management of a wide range of Fixed Income funds and have strong technology skills, allowing them to develop robust prototypes which make immediate improvements to the PM process. They will also have the communication skills to partner with both PM and Technology teams to guide the integration of these prototypes into the core BlackRock production technology.
- Design efficient algorithms and optimizers to automate key portfolio construction processes
- Develop both prototypes and production tools
- Partner with PMs to integrate these tools into daily processes and continually refine them
- On occasion, undertake portfolio management activities to develop a deeper understanding of specific investment processes
- Partner with BlackRock Technology teams to design and develop the core “Algo Platform”
- Develop other desk tools to support the Core PM investment process.
- Partner with BlackRock Technology teams to ensure existing applications continue to evolve to support Core PM needs
- Develop reporting methods & analytics on new tools to ensure improvements can be measured
- Strong quantitative background (at least BA/BS in Maths/Science/Engineering/related discipline).
- Strong programming skills in at least two of the following: Python, Visual Basic, R, MATLAB, Java, C++
- Experience of working as Portfolio Manager, either directly or alongside
- Working knowledge of Fixed Income markets
- Familiarity across a range of funds and investment styles (index/active, fundamental/quantitative)
- Excellent problem-solving skills and process-oriented approach
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Knowledge of BlackRock Aladdin tools beneficial
This is role is within the scope of the Senior Manager and Certification Regime(SMCR).
Key Regulatory Obligations
The successful candidate will be subject to both the Individual Conduct Rules and the Fitness and Propriety Rules of the FCA. As long as they remain a Certified Person it is their responsibility to continue to meet the required standards of fitness and propriety for their role.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law. BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.