Who we are:
Lenox Advisors brings together sophisticated solutions in wealth management and insurance services to high net worth individuals and their families. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of NFP Corp., we combine the culture of a boutique firm with the stability and backing of a large corporation to create an environment that's truly unique.
Summary: The Business Analyst will work closely with the Portfolio Analyst and Asset Managers on client matters such as analyzing client’s current portfolio, reviewing wealth management analyses, and making asset allocation recommendations. The Business Analyst will contribute to liaison efforts between CIO/Asset Managers and associates in regards to overall asset allocation and market updates while performing due diligence on specific investment choices and vendors. One of the main purposes of this role is to give Asset Managers valuable analysis and insights into prospects and existing client portfolios in order to assist in pitches and reviews via our portfolio analysis and planning software. The analyst therefore plays a valuable role in indirectly gathering assets and maintaining healthy client relationships. They provide value to the client through their work in establishing appropriate asset allocations and identifying weaknesses and or strengths in their investment portfolios (whether they are invested with us or not). In addition, the Business Analyst is the main point of contact for operationalizing our analysis and wealth planning software while providing secondary coverage to managed and brokerage portfolio trades. This role requires keen attention to detail and comfortable speaking to internal and external clients. In this capacity, the analyst is responsible for trade execution and trade strategy. The role also requires maintaining and updating software and programs used by the asset management team. This associate will also devote up 50% of their time defining and operationalizing an advisor-driven financial planning model offered on Lenox’s wealth modeling software.
- Analyzes performance, style, and risk measures for investment portfolios.
- Reviews client's account(s) and prepares portfolio reviews at the request of Relationship Managers and Asset Managers. This includes portfolio review, portfolio observation write-ups, reinvestment analysis to show before and after strategy implementation and Monte Carlo simulations.
- Recommends manager selections within managed accounts, variable annuities and clients’ 401(k) portfolios.
- Evaluates Financial Planning client’s outside accounts to make proper asset allocation recommendations.
- Uses software tools to analyze clients’ outside accounts and current portfolio for proper allocation recommendations. Software tools include, Right Capital, eMoney, Excel, Morningstar Advisor, Envestnet and Tamarac.
- Create “portfolio observations” for clients that bullet point questionable investment strategies within their overall portfolio and recommendations to better suit clients investment objective.
- Performs due diligence on portfolio managers available within our broker/dealer to decide which will best fit the client’s needs.
- Keeps abreast of current market conditions and changes through vendor conference calls and market outlooks.
- Provides analysis of new and existing vendors and reviews possible software and technology enhancements.
- Continuously maintain and update software in order that data consistently stays up to date with ever-changing market environments. Coordinate research and delivery of annual updates to capital market assumptions from various external analyst desks, ensuring that data is then updated across platforms.
- Assists Sr. Analysts, Head of Asset Management, and SVP on special projects.
- Act as firms lead trader, consistently maintain managed and unmanaged trading on a daily basis.
- Maintain and update strategic model portfolios, rooted in firm’s capital market assumptions.
- Define and implement compliance and training requirements for RM Driven FP model.
- Support Lenox ELT in defining FP model P&L, Margins, and overall profitability.
- Work to onboard “flights” of qualified RMs into the RM driven FP model & coordinate joint FP work.
- Serve as RM Driven FP model SME, working across the Lenox organization to promote and educate others.
- Maintain all necessary RM driven FP books and records.
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You… Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.