At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Business Analytics Consultant Sr within PNC’s Enterprise Third Party Management organization, you will develop new and innovative analytics to deliver insights for the management of vendor risk, performance and value. You will be expected to bring creativity, critical thinking and drive to both the conceptual design of impactful information and the use of technology tools to collect, transform and present that information. You will be expected to have a broad range of skills, with outstanding business and technical acumen.
- Demonstrates the ability to collaborate with management, peers, and stakeholders in order to effectively influence and effect change; demonstrates a high-level of professionalism; inspires confidence and credibility.
- Demonstrates energy and a desire to succeed; follows through on commitments; pushes self and others to deliver exceptional results
- Good working knowledge of business, risk and financial analysis, and high aptitude for problem-solving.
- Strong information architecture skills, able to interrogate a business process and identify and document the business taxonomy. Strong data modeling skills, able to collaborate with technology teams on data model design and evaluate a data model’s quality in relation to the information taxonomy it is designed to represent.
- Excellent working knowledge of analytic tools and applications, including advanced SQL language skills across MS SQL, Oracle and Teradata platforms, advanced reporting package knowledge (Tableau, OBIEE, etc.), advanced spreadsheet skills (Excel Power Query and Power Pivot), database management, graphics and word processing applications. Uses a variety of software tools to perform advanced analytics with data. Anticipates and solves operational challenges of business data collection and integration into business decisions.
- Good organizational skills; capability to manage work across multiple demands.
- Demonstrates an ability to quickly navigate a complex organization; advises others on the relationship between risk, financial, performance and operational data used in business analytics.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills; ability to communication and work with all levels of the organizational hierarchy.
- Provides business and technical expertise for the analytics process, tools and useful applications across multiple functions or business units.
- Consulting to clients on tool and strategy implementation and monitoring, statistical scoring, business intelligence, data quality, and analytical product / solution development.
- Determining the optimal analytic approach and supporting development, implementation and enhancements.
- Conceptualizing, developing and continuously optimizing dashboard reporting for operations and executive management to enable data driven decision making.
- Analyzing results for multiple functions and communicating conclusions from complex models to a wide range of audiences.
Manages Risk – Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank’s and unit’s risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus – Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Job Specific Competencies
Business Acumen – Extensive Experience
- Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company’s business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Business Analytics – Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of technologies, techniques and practices for the evaluation of business performance data; ability to analyze business performance using advanced statistical methods to justify and drive future business planning decisions.
Consulting – Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of techniques, roles, and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Effective Communications – Working Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking – Extensive Experience
- Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Analytical Thinking – Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.
Emerging Technologies – Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to design, apply and evaluate new information technologies for business environments in order to improve work productivity and accuracy.
Required Education and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.