Business Intelligence Manager
Job ID: ******
Company: : ********** Services, Inc.
Position Category: Business Intelligence
Company/Location (search) : Country (Full Name): : United States
As a Business Intelligence Manager for Inventory Placement, you and your team will analyze large amounts of business data, discover and solve real world problems, and develop metrics and business cases that enable us to continually enhance the way we manage inventory placement. Amazon’s supply chain is a key differentiator in that we operate the supply chain through technology. Inventory Placement is a complex space where we need to have the right products (on hundreds of millions of units) with the right quantity in the right location at the right time. We are looking for high caliber talents to bring in innovation and simplicity to the space. There are no textbook solutions to the problems we are solving and very few attempts have been made to solve at Amazon’s scale, which necessitates deeply analytical thinking to solve problems. To succeed in this role, you will be comfortable diving deep and making data driven decisions. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, highly analytical, and intensely detailed with a strong customer focus and perspective to drive strategy in a high-growth, fast-paced environment. This is a remarkable opportunity for a Business Intelligence Engineer who wants to drive large impact and gain experience as a BI manager.
Key responsibilities include:
* Lead and grow the Business Intelligence function for our category. As player/coach, directly manage and develop a team of six BI Engineers.
* Identify opportunities, and define and help prioritize business requirements for new data to be instrumented. Suggest and build new metrics, measures and analyses that enable better perspective on business.
* Develop cohort analyses, segmentation, trend and correlation analyses across multiple programs. Identify high value analyses that could help in driving better insights.
* Identify, develop, manage, and execute analyses to uncover areas of opportunity and present written business recommendations that will shape the Newsstand business and the features we offer to readers.
* Drive the collaboration around actual performance and forecasts to directly impact business decisions and actions.
* Manage weekly, monthly, and quarterly business reporting, working across multiple teams to identify and present high-level analytics to key-stakeholders and executives.
* Collaborate with product management, finance, vendor management and data engineers as a leader of quantitative analysis.
* 5+ years professional experience with increasing responsibility in business analytics/business intelligence
* Experience with SQL and Excel
* Experience with R/SAS or any statistical package.
* BA/BS degree in Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Business Analytics, Information Systems or related field
* Master’s degree in Mathematics/Statistics/Management is strongly preferred
* Prior experience leading teams (direct reports)
* Highly organized, ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little to no guidance and tight deadlines
* Previous experience in business driven analytics, budget, forecast, and/or financial analysis
* Interest in technology and how it impacts the future of reader behavior
* Demonstrated track record of translating analytic insights into concrete, actionable recommendations for business or product improvement
* Experience leading complex analysis projects.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.