What you’ll be doing…
This management position is a crucial asset in executing FSG Visualizations/Reporting Tools and BI Reporting Portal Strategy supporting the Finance business partners. In this role, you will focus on providing guidance and thought leadership to a highly technical team in support of implementing Digital Finance, EPM and Advanced Analytics use cases, architecture for Qlik Enterprise Reporting platform and integrated reporting experience through the FIAT (Financial Insights and Analytics tools) portal.
– Has overall accountability for management of assigned resources from time management to evaluation for career development.
– Partner with the architects to support the team in the use of the selected BI tools and architectures, providing continuity and consistency across projects.
– Collaborate with teams both internal and external to FSG to analyze areas of interest to the company which will allow the company to gain a competitive advantage.
– Drive efficiency in design and code to meet specifications for physical, logical, and end user data, dashboards, and tools.
– Take part in the selection, training process, and performance review of new Business Intelligence and Portal resources.
– Manage stakeholder’s interests, communicate business plans, deliver BI Reporting Portal Platform, BI tool Integration and manage both employees and projects to execute on FSG priorities.
– Supervise employees as far as training, mentoring, counseling, directing, assessing their performance, and if needed recommending corrective action and/or placing on performance improvement plans.
– Collaborate with a broad cross section of business partners to gain in-depth understanding of business direction and outcomes, identify and prioritize appropriate business challenges to address. This may often result in a difference of opinion on the immediate focus and long term goal, this manager will have the skills required able to rally teams and individuals around conflicts.
– Receive direction regarding the team of employees that reports to you and other teams, both technical and functional, that will work closely with his team. Candidate will require strategic decision making abilities in a challenging, dynamic environment dealing with implementation of complex architectural systems. Make autonomous decisions to resolve critical issues related to project budget, timelines and scope in order to ensure quality deliverables.
– Manage multiple aspects of the FIAT Portal platform, multiple business partners and integration with multiple data sources/use cases at the same time. For each business partner, identify objectives and priorities, review project roadmaps, identify necessary resources, and lead cross-functional teams to implement projects on time.
– Build diverse team from ground up, analyze team member’s strengths and areas of opportunity, coach, groom and adjust responsibilities judicially across limited team members.
– Visualizations/Reporting Tools and BI Reporting Portal is a strategic initiative for Finance. This IT solution consists broadly of Hardware, Software, Application and Network Infrastructures that needs to be monitored periodically for smooth operation and evaluated thoroughly for future enhancements.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
– Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
– Six or more years of relevant work experience.
– Product management or consulting experience.
– Behavior/predictive analysis and/or data analytics development experience.
– Enterprise Portal development Experience using Angular JS/open source tools, CICD pipeline and automated deployment.
Even better if you have:
– Bachelor’s degree in Math, Physics, Computer Science, and Engineering.
– Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline. Ideally, an MBA.
– Familiarity with data visualization software. Ideally, Qlik, OBIEE, Tableau.
– Balanced the needs of multiple stakeholders.
– Product development or analytics experience in the technology sector.
– Oracle SQL / MS SQL experience.
– Web Application / Mobile UI development experience.
– Working knowledge of Cloud Technologies including AWS, CICD, Java and micro services Architecture.
– Experience in Finance Systems Reporting, EPM and BI applications with a focus on tool Integration and Portal development, including project leader experience.
When you join Verizon…
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees’ differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.