Responsible for facilitating complex projects from proposal through post-implementation. Participates in meetings with lines of business to identify their requirements in how an application looks and feels to the end user; provides feedback on them. Serves as project lead to ensure test plans and specifications are completed in a timely basis and project meets established milestones.
– Prepare well-documented functional specifications for assigned projects, test plans, test scripts and execution of test scripts.
– Responsible for research analysis of complex data ensuring functional design of assigned projects is accurate.
– Serve as mentor to less experienced staff assisting in application training, research analysis and project methodology consultation
– Schedule and facilitate project team meetings, document and distribute minutes as applicable.
– Meet with business client to discuss requested application changes related to an enterprise-wide or business initiative, compliance/regulatory requirement, required system change due to contractual agreement or system maintenance (business as usual [BAU]) ensuring a thorough understanding of specifications for assigned applications. Participate in design discussions and ensure required functional specifications are delivered.
– Participate in meetings with lines of business to identify their requirements in how an application looks as feels to the end user and provide feedback to clients regarding business requirements to ensure technology applications support internal/external customer needs and products/services as provided by lines of business. Review business requirements with technology team to ensure understanding of project requirements.
– Coordinate and provide estimates for complex projects and complete estimates for assigned component for projects, inclusive of timelines and project phases.
– Serve as subject matter expert to consult and advise on how applications may be impacted by enterprise- wide initiatives, like an acquisition or major change in products/services provided to customers.
– May serve as Test Coordinator for large project initiatives involving multiple applications
– Participate in and document data mapping for integration of systems, conversion and acquisition-related projects to understand how applications may need to change or be impacted by enterprise-wide initiatives, like regulatory requirements, other system enhancements or business initiatives.
– Work with other testing teams, when applicable, to prepare test plans and scripts based on functional specifications, as well as to manage and/or execute test scripts verifying that changes and enhancements work and perform as required. Serve as functional lead with other project team members on other systems that impact the project
– Monitor functional specifications and change requests to ensure project stays within scope and meets regulatory requirements, while ensuring adherence to business requirements and Corporate Technology standards. Ensure the Bank process and documentation is followed to ensure adherence to Corporate Technology standards and regulatory requirements.
– Ensure change requests are consistently documented, reviewed and resolved to ensure application is working to support products and services required by line of business.
– Ensure efficient and timely resolution of issues arising from testing or implementation to ensure expected performance. Ensure issues, incidences and questions are documented, reported as resolved as required.
– Coordinate and manage post-implementation by getting feedback, resolving any issues and completing a debrief including actual to plan for timeline and financials.
– Assist in developing expense and capital budgets and employee appraisals.
– Understand and adhere to the Company’s risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company’s Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
– Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M & T Bank brand.
– Maintain M & T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
– Complete other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
Combined minimum of 8 years’ combined higher education and/or operational/business analytics/systems development experience
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Excellent organizational skills
Excellent time management skills
Excellent lateral thinking skills
Excellent problem-solving skills
Prior experience multitasking for various components of complex projects.
Prior experience coordinating between applications and business units.
Prior experience working in a team environment as well as autonomously.
Education and Experience Preferred:
Subject matter expert in business with knowledge or experience utilizing application/system being supported.
Proven mentoring and leadership capabilities
Ability to recognize project milestones and delivery dates.
Ability to recommend and implement solutions.
Apply on Company Website
Job ID: R01202
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
M & T Bank
M & T Bank is a multi-state community-focused bank serving New York, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Virginia, West Virginia and Washington, D.C. Founded in 1856, M & T Bank provides banking, investment, insurance and mortgage financial services to consumer, business and government clients. Contact Info
– Buffalo, NY
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.