Job Title: Cash Application Senior Specialist
Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN, Mid-West United States, USA
Company: CHS Inc.
Industry Type: Input Retail, Cooperative and Related Crop Services
Job Type:Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required:N/A
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Finance Shared Services group. We are looking for 2 Cash Application Senior Specialist to apply all cash received daily as well as coach, mentor and train new cash application employees. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; be detail oriented, adaptive, professional, and reliable and be able to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
– Collaborate with Finance Shared Services, Treasury, Enterprise Credit and IT to ensure business needs are being met and cash is being applied as efficiently and accurately as possible.
– Act as first level escalation point for any Cash Application issues reported by the specialist. Resolve, if possible, or raise to second level escalation.
– Monitor and pull bank account activity, along with daily activity reports.
– Ensure that receipts, discounts and adjustments are accurately posted to customer accounts in a timely manner to meet department goals on a daily and monthly basis.
– Identify missing remittances and takes the necessary steps to obtain the appropriate documentation required to post cash.
– Prepare daily/monthly reports for unapplied cash.
– Monthly reconciliation of Accounts Receivable GL account.
– Create dispute, assign reason code and dispute processor.
– Identify opportunities to use automation and data to improve business performance.
– Assist in the development and improvement of Cash Application processes to create a more streamlined approach.
– Ensure training documentation is accurate and updated regularly.
– Provide Cash Application training to new employees and cross functional candidates from within CHS.
– Instill a mindset of continuous process improvement.
– Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions. Basic Qualifications: (required)
– Bachelor s degree in Accounting, Finance or related Business field. Additional years of experience may offset degree requirement
– 3 plus years of experience in cash application, accounts receivable or accounts payable or equivalent business experience
– ERP experience required. Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
– SAP and/or JDE experience
– Proficient in Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Excel)
– Previous experience leading a team in a non-supervisory role
Job Post Date: 07/19/18
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.