At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways — engineering, planning, designing, and consulting on many of the most renowned projects in the built environment. We aim to deliver technical excellence, innovation, and value to clients, while maintaining our core mission of shaping a better world. The firm opened its first office over 70 years ago and now employs 14,000 people globally. Since its founding in 1946, members of Arup have developed transformative ways of working. Adapting to the ever-changing environment, our work is focused on ambitiously reimagining a sustainable and resilient future for cities. Arup is rising to these new challenges: by bringing together broad-minded individuals from a wide range of disciplines, investing in research, innovating and creating better solutions for clients and the wider world.
Our New York City office is looking to add a Civil Designer to undertake unique and challenging projects both locally and internationally.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Civil engineering drafting in AutoCAD, Revit, and Microstation software from markups and verbal direction of senior engineers
• Use of Civil 3D or InRoads software to design basic site development infrastructure including: utilities, site grading, sanitary sewer and storm drainage, and road/rail alignments
• Work as part of a multidisciplinary engineering team
• Knowledge of engineering, architecture, or construction industry fundamentals
• Minimum of 3+ years of relevant industry experience
• Experience building templates and setting up drafting standards
• Good communication skills essential for team-based working
• Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
• Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
• Associate Degree or higher in engineering or related field
• Past experience of Civil 3D or Inroads software
• Excellent planning and organization skills
• Highly motivated and willing to take on new challenges
• Collaborative and interdisciplinary outlook
• Experience using Navisworks
• Basic coding language knowledge (C#, C++, etc)
• Creativity in intellectual and technical approach
Arup offers an outstanding benefits package including healthcare, 401k match, time off and profit share. Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.