Job Overview- As a Cloud Database Administrator, you will help ensure the satisfaction of our business development and product team by analyzing business and technical requirements. You will translate these requirements into a cloud architectural blueprint and set of standards that outlines best practices of cloud infrastructure solutions for operational excellence, security, availability, performance efficiency, and cost optimization. This position will use advanced database automation techniques (both cloud and non-cloud), data conversion and migration expertise, integration with different workflow engines, familiarity of relational and NO-SQL data stores to improve and migrate existing DBs.
· Bachelors degree in engineering, or computer science, or equivalent work experience.
· Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Fundamentals, EDB PostgreSQL 12 Associate Certification or equivalent
· Minimum of 4+ years of experience performing Database administration or database engineering duties for database internals and you have experience supporting a minimum of 2 of these database platforms: SQL Server, MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL
· Minimum of 3 years of experience supporting software engineering teams through the software development lifecycle
· Minimum of 3 years of experience deploying, operating, and monitoring infrastructure in the cloud
· Capability to both lead and follow, while being a key member of a positive work environment
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills
· A deep understanding of the cloud computing model as it relates to enterprise productivity
· Familiarity with a variety of Cloud DB products
· Hands-on experience with operating high-uptime Databases
· Experience with cloud database technologies (ie. AWS RDS, Oracle, MS SQL, Azure)
· Develops and maintains Database reference architecture and design documents.
· Design, develop, and implement scalable Cloud-based database solutions.
· Further establish and ensure Database standards (security, reliability, availability, and scalability) and procedures are met by our development teams.
· Identify opportunities for Database infrastructure optimization and cost reduction.
· Root cause analysis of production-related database issues.
· Maintain development and production environments.
· Develop innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems.
· Perform physical implementation of databases, storage structures, high-availability solutions such as multi-AZ, replication, and disaster recovery solutions.
· Manage, support and maintain Cloud database environment and,
· Write documentation for adhering to the architectural guidelines and policies.
· Provide technical expertise and hands-on support in consolidation and migration of databases to new hardware and platforms
TRC Staffing is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.