Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Construction & Energy (HCE) focuses on products to support four business segments: Connectors, Grounding & Tooling, Gas Connectors & Accessories, Harsh & Hazardous, and Distribution. With markets in renewable energy, lighting, transportation, data center, telecom, utility, extreme environment, gas and water distribution, power generation and oil & gas, we guarantee that our products set the standards for industry solutions. Our success not only depends on our value proposition, but on the strength, knowledge and expertise of our employees.
16875 W Ryerson Rd
New Berlin, WI 53151
Responsible for the accurate program, set up, and function of all CNC lathes and mills to ensure quality parts are provided to the customer.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Set up and operate any and all CNC lathes and mills in a safe and efficient manner.
* Set up and operate any and all manual lathes and mills in a safe and efficient manner.
* Issue programs to CNC lathes and mills for specific parts.
* Ability to program using CAM Works; Importing and manipulating SolidWorks part files; Using Post Processor.
* Edit CNC lathe programs as necessary.
* Assist engineering in designing and building of tooling for new parts.
* Instruct less skilled employees in the operation or set up of any CNC lathes and mills.
* Perform inspections of parts using precision measuring instruments.
* Perform daily upkeep and routine maintenance, keeping equipment and production area in good working order.
* Re-sharpen cutting tools when necessary.
* Ensure that correct cutting insert is used for type of material
* Follow instructions; written and/or verbal; from the production supervisors.
* Produce 100% high quality, high volume parts, with emphasis on reducing cycle time.
* Insure that all parts are cleaned, counted, de-burred, assembled and handled properly.
* Comply with and support all aspects of the company’s quality management program.
* Must wear all PPE required for the specific work area
* Operate fork truck as needed.
* Maintain a clean and safe work area.
* Inventory and document tooling and inserts.
* Maintain an organized system of communication and database of drawings.
* All other tasks as assigned by company.
Skills and Experience
* Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills normally acquired through a high school diploma or GED.
* At least three (3) years’ experience operating a CNC lathe.
* Must have knowledge of set up and operation of all CNC lathes in area.
* Must be able to use precision measuring instruments.
* Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and drawings
High School Diploma
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Job Segment: Telecom, Telecommunications, Developer, CNC, Programmer, Technology, Manufacturing
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.