Job ID #: 13572
– Job Category: Information Technology
– Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
– Division: Technology Services Group
– Department: Technology Services – Operations
– Primary Country: USA
– Primary Location: Austin (TX)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.Job Description
Are you a person who can drive, lead and motivate technical project teams to deliver on Arm’s roadmap, enabling IP that will be in the next generation of some of the world’s most successful mobile phones, tablets, gaming consoles?
Can you challenge engineers in technical issues and achieve resolution to continue to achieve delivery?
If you answered yes, please keep reading!
This role is for a motivated Contract Project Manager based in arm’s Austin (TX) Design Center. You will be part of the Technology Services Group (TSG), working with engineering project teams and managers to ensure we achieve on-time delivery of projects which enable our CPU, Media Processing and System Teams.
TSG delivers everything that arm engineers need to craft extraordinary technology. Whether it’s high-performance compute on our infrastructure and in the cloud, Electronic Design Automation (EDA), or bespoke software tools and workflows, the products TSG delivers are used by every engineer in arm. TSG builds on these products by driving effectiveness and efficiency in arm globally by improving engineering, quality assurance and project management methodology.
Our people have a passion for progress: we evaluate, deploy and use new technology to make arm better, now and in the future. If you want a role which makes a real difference across the whole of arm, we’d like to hear from you.
You will work very closely with the Engineering Managers who will share responsibility to lead and deliver projects in terms of performance, cost, quality and on-time delivery.
You will have a solid track record of project management across all aspects of the engineering development lifecycle.
Your responsibilities will include planning, scheduling, tracking/monitoring, resource allocation, issue/risk management, driving the teams and executing the program of projects against committed landmarks, as well as management of project partners and dependencies and communication to internal stakeholders and, where needed, arm partners.
This role will require some travel to work across arm sites and where needed, arm Partners.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
– Experience of running engineering projects which improve the efficiency and/or utilization of one or more of the following:
– High Performance Compute (HPC) clusters, particularly those using IBM Platform LSF
– Data Services
– Experience of on site, cloud and hybrid implementations
– Solid ability to lead, monitor and motivate distributed teams
– Experience of running multiple successful projects for different business functions and/or technology areas.
– Experience of working with IT Infrastructure teams to deploy new systems into a live environment
– Excellent partner management for complex projects, through personal leadership and clear project goals
– Proven ability in building and communicating plans from a high level to a detailed schedule
– Solid ability to handle changing business requirements while keeping the team on track
– Experience of driving project management in a rapidly changing hardware and software development environment
– Deep understanding of, and ability to apply, the concepts of risk managementDESIRABLE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
– Software and/or hardware engineering background.
– Experience with US Government and Department of Defense Contracts
– Experience of leading or mentoring more junior project managers or project coordinators
– Experience of delivering a computing and/or infrastructure service to engineering teams
– Experience of systems integration of both 3rd party solutions and in-house developments
– Experience of implementing more than one method of project management (e.g. Agile, Kanban, Waterfall) and fitting the right process to the project
– Experience of working with project teams using different project methodologies to achieve a common end goal
– Adept at planning and tracking budgets and business value
– Formal project management qualification (e.g. Prince2, PMP)
Arm designs the technology that lies at the heart of advanced digital products, from wireless, networking and consumer entertainment solutions to imaging, automotive, security and storage devices. Arm’s comprehensive processor product offering includes RISC CPUs, graphics processors (GPUs) and video processors (VPUs), enabling software, cell libraries, embedded memories, high-speed connectivity products, peripherals and development tools. A world leader in processor design, arm’s success is based on licensing agreements with many of the biggest names in consumer electronics and semiconductor manufacturing.
You will run projects based in Austin, USA; Cambridge, United Kingdom, and other arm sites as required.
This position is within a team that enjoys a fully flexible work environment with many members able to fit their time in the office around their family dedications.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
– Annual Bonus Plan
– Discretionary Cash Awards
– 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
– Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
– Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD & D)
– Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
– Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
– Holidays, 13 days per year
– Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
– Sick Leave, 7 days per year
– Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
– Office location dependent: caf on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
– Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to ******************** About Arm
Arm technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm’s success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of Silicon Hills thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers. Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.