Job ID: 250348
Additional Job Information
Title: CT Tech-WOW
City, State: Baltimore,MD
Location: St Agnes Hospital-Baltimore MD
Department: Computerized Tomography CT 001
Additional Job Details: FT,Weekend Options, 48 hours, Bi-Weekly
For more than 150 years, Saint Agnes Hospital, part of Ascension, has been dedicated to the art of healing by providing exceptional care to the greater Baltimore area. Built on a strong foundation of excellent medical care and compassion, Saint Agnes and the physicians who practice here are committed to providing the best care for our patients for many years to come.
CT Tech-WOW, performs computerized tomographic procedures for the diagnosis of disease and injury according to protocols established by radiologists.
- Prepares and positions patients and selects anatomic and technical parameters accurately.
- Prepares and administers contrast media and/or medications within the accepted scope of practice and applicable state and federal regulations.
- Observes patient during procedure and reports abnormal activity. Monitors protocols and recommends updates or refinements as warranted.
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines.
- Demonstrates sound knowledge of the function and operation of all CT equipment, anatomy and positioning to ensure consistent quality of exams. Reviews medical records and orders to ensure proper exam is performed and correct history is obtained. Demonstrates competency in the use of the Radiology Information System and PACS System.
- Communicates and assists the Radiologist. Prepares images for radiologist using appropriate windowing levels.
- Instructs students and new hires regarding technical procedures and unit operations.
- Independently performs quality control procedures at the designated intervals on imaging and ancillary equipment to ensure compliance with the Federal and Joint Commission standards of care to include daily phantom QC.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Certified BLS Provider specializing in Health Service Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Or military CPR-First Aid training.
- Licensed Radiology Technician credentialed from the Maryland Board of Physicians obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Radiography credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
Education and Work Experience:
- Required: Graduate of an accredited school of Radiologic Technology at date of hire
- HS or Equivalent
- Required: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) at date of hire
- Required: One year of experience as a Radiologic Technologist at date of hire.
How To Apply
EXTERNAL APPLICANTS please click the ""Apply Now"" button.
2.Click the Compatibility View button to display the site in Compatibility View.
Once you turn on Compatibility View, Internet Explorer will automatically show this site in compatibility View each time you visit. You can turn if off by clicking the Compatibility View button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.