Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
**We are open to qualified applicants in the Dallas / Fort Worth, TX & Charlotte, NC markets to work from our local offices. We will also give consideration to offering a sign-on bonus to individuals who are willing to relocate to one of these markets.**
This role will focus on the daily design, implementation, management, sustainment and coordination of the Allstate Data Classification/Data Marking platform(s). You will work with the Data Protection Services program to ensure policies are in place that meet business needs and drivers. This position will also serve as the liaison for data classification within cross functional meetings.
- Design, Implement, Manage and Sustain Data Classification/Marking controls.
- Serve as a Data Classification subject matter expert within the organization to span technical, operational, governance, and business considerations.
- Work side by side with the Allstate Data Protection Services team to ensure Data Marking/Classification toolsets are in sync with Data Loss Prevention tools.
- Metrics collection and reporting of details relevant to data classification.
- Troubleshoot issues / document root cause, resolutions.
- Act as point of escalation for Data Classification issues.
- Drive conversations around Digital Rights Management controls.
- Coordination with technology and business groups as necessary.
- Provide technical and understanding training to peers and business stakeholders.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in an information security technical role.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Information Protection (AIP) suite within an enterprise.
- Experience working with unstructured data, metadata, email headers, data labeling, and classification.
- Moderate experience with scripting (Regex, PowerShell, PERL, Etc).
- Moderate experience with cloud computing.
- Basic to moderate experience with Data Loss Prevention suites.
- Strong understanding of general security and networking concepts and experience applying same in corporate network environments.
- Self-learner with a passion for IT security who is adaptable to changing requirements.
- Ability to work successfully with others in large and small teams.
- Ability to motivate and inspires others to perform at a high level, taking appropriate risks, and accepting personal accountability for actions and decisions.
- Assertiveness – Ability to troubleshoot incidents until root cause resolutions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to transform technical knowledge into business language (e.g. reports, presentations, etc.).
- GSEC or SSCP Highly Desired.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee’s terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.