Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show you how to unleash your potential.
Leidos has an opening for a Senior Biostatistician / Data Scientist to support the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA) within HHS in Washington DC. Be the lead biostatistician to help find correlates of protection for BARDA’s work on Project NextGen to develop the next generation of COVID vaccines. Work with a dedicated team of scientists and researchers to support vaccine and therapeutic development as part of a White House priority effort.
- Conduct correlates of protection analysis for vaccine and therapeutic candidates in phase 2-3 clinical studies.
- Developing statistical analysis plans, including sampling plans for markers/assays for a range of candidate vaccines
- Statistical methods implementation
- Reviewing clinical trial data
- Lead junior data analysts to support statistical efforts
- Lead development of reports, including preparation for publication in peer-reviewed journals
- PhD in data science, mathematics, statistics, computer science, epidemiology, statistics, biostatistics or other closely related fields and 12+ years of related experience.
- Experience with scientific or mathematical software or programming; particularly R or other statistical language
- Ten years or more of professional experience with vaccine correlates
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to successfully interact with a diverse group of senior scientists and other stakeholders
- Ability to a low-risk public trust clearance
- Subject matter knowledge of quantitative infectious disease modeling, COVID-19 epidemiology, and/or related sciences
- Experience developing statistical plans for FDA approval
- Experience with parametric and non-parametric analysis, linear and non-linear models, case-control and cohort studies, machine learning tools, and vaccine correlates of risk and protection
- Experience working with a data-science team, including knowledge of best practices of code management and working with large-scale data
Pay Range $118,300.00 – $182,000.00 – $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.