Location Baltimore, Maryland
Posted 08 Jul 2019
Closes 07 Aug 2019
Sector Power and Nuclear
Category Information Technology, Skilled Trades
Contract Type Permanent
Hours Full Time
You need to sign in or create an account to save
At Exelon, we’ve got a place for you!
Join the nation’s leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
– Are you inspired by ‘The Phoenix Project’ book?
– Do you strive to automate manual processes?
– Do you want to wake up every morning thinking about infrastructure as code?
– Do you want to evangelize and promote DevOps?
– Do you want to sleep at night thinking about containerized applications on Microsoft Azure?
– Do you want to change the software development process for 2,600 applications, more than 600 projects and 4,000 IT professionals?
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
At Exelon, our Digital team aims to rapidly deliver reliable and innovative products and services that enable the business and enhance our customer’s experience. Our team is excited to create and pave the digital path forward for Exelon. We value our people and the diverse skills and backgrounds they bring to collectively work towards Exelon’s goal of providing clean, affordable and innovative energy to create a more sustainable future for everyone.
As a DevOps Engineer you will actively develop the processes and automation required to scale our rapidly growing Digital Projects solutions and platforms. We are looking for someone to help us design and maintain our software infrastructure to meet our increasing digital demand (internal and external).
Additionally, as the DevOps engineer you will be adept at solving complex technical problems that span multiple areas combining software and systems; excel in automation scripting, infrastructure orchestration, release management/configuration management and continuous integration – engineers who consider innovation as a major part of their deliverables. You should be able to identify operational patterns and issues and creatively automate solutions working with different internal engineering teams, business stakeholders, and understanding external requirements to create impactful digital solutions.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
DevOps methodologies by creating a more connected IT ops and development processes to increase the speed, efficiency and quality with which digital solutions are delivered
Provide DevOps mentoring and thought leadership (within advisory and delivery) by focusing on the requirements of our stakeholders and identifying how they would be best served by continuous improvements to our delivery approach
Architect a project and / or the set of technical and business assurance activities that support the transition of application and infrastructure services from development through to production
Assist with the release process and develop tooling to automate repeated tasks
Evaluate new technologies and integrate those that will add value and drive operational efficiency
– 5 years of technical experience with at least 3 years of experience in implementation work; for example, in enterprisesoftware development or infrastructure automation
– Previous architecture or technical team lead experience, preferably fulfilling an infrastructure or environments management role for major systems delivery
– Architecture and design experience of products and services from current cloud vendors, e.g. Amazon Web Services, Rackspace Cloud, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure
– Experience in a significant delivery or operational role during the go-live of at least two major web sites (or other large IT systems)
– Ability to work in dynamic, often ambiguous conditions requiring rapid transitions between collaborative and individual work
– Strong problem solving and analysis ability
– Excellent communications skills (written and verbal)
– Familiarity with Azure and Axure DevOps. Our DevOps platform for our mobile and web applications are built and run on Azure.
– Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools
– In-depth knowledge of Azure continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) pipelines using YAML
– Experience with building and deploying a node.js app on Azure
– Experience with Oracle Utilities Customer Cloud Service and/or any Oracle Enterprise Application would be desirable
– A thorough grasp of agile and lean delivery concepts and methodologies, and a history of successfully applying this knowledge to manage teams
– Strong organizational skills, with the ability to work independently as well in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
– If increasing the number of deployments per day is a metric that excites you, if scripting automation is your passion, if transformation is your hunger, if Git is your belief, if Docker is your desire, then you need to consider joining us.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.