As a member of the LIVE (Linear Infrastructure Video Engineering) team within the VIPER organization, the primary task is to support operational engineering, data collection, analysis, monitoring and metrics configurations, application deployments, as well documentation and procedure development for Comcast Video Services and Video Platforms product lines.
In your role, you will bridge the gap between development and operations. Tasks will include but not limited to, implementing monitoring, metrics, and alerting configurations to quantify scope of reported linear video issues using tools and technology such as Grafana, Kibana, Prometheus, and Kubernetes. Create new metrics and identify monitoring deliverables to improve product availability. Evaluate new code releases for basic reliability, provide systems integration support to our access network and divisional partners for deploying remote phy markets, provide guidance to QA, Development, and Divisional/Regional stakeholder teams.
You’ll be working with some of the best and brightest minds in Comcast while we operate and improve the video delivery infrastructure that will power the next generation of television. Success in this role is characterized by a stable and robust platform, with fewer customer-facing issues, defects and outages.
- Responsible for the day-to-day system administration and operation of Comcast’s video delivery systems with concentration on metrics data collection, analysis, reporting, tools and solutions development (dashboard development), systems integration, and operational support.
- Perform troubleshooting of Linear Video issues within a containerized application environment. Produce root cause analysis independently and by collaborating with other operational support teams (e.g. network support, divisions, and vendors).
- Create new metrics and dashboards for video monitoring and alerting applications.
- Perform Linux system administration, installation and configuration of application hosts.
Skills & Requirements
- Experience with open source tools and technologies such as Prometheus, Alert Manager, Elastic Search, Kibana, and Grafana.
- Experience with monitoring probes (Sentry, Ineoquest).
- Experience with Kubernetes and microservices.
- Experience with shell scripting to automate tasks and perform basic data analysis.
- 5 years Linux system administration.
- 5 years in-depth experience with IP networking (TCP/IP packet analysis, tcpdump and Wireshark, DNS).
Platforms and Technologies:
- Linear Video
- Audio/Video Compression – MPEG
- Multiplexing – CAP1000
- Edge QAM – APEX1000, NSG9000
- QAM to IP and IP to QAM Conversion
- IP Video – CIF Dash
- Harmonic Prostream
- Linear Video DAI (Digital Ad Insertion)
- EffecTV back office
- Traffic Monitor
- Traffic Router
- Traffic Operations
- Traffic Stats
- ATS (Apache Traffic Server)
- Cloud and Network Infrastructure
- VMware, OpenStack
- Logging/Monitoring/Host Management
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.