MONARCH LANDSCAPE COMPANIES
Monarch Landscape Companies is committed to being the best place to work as a landscape professional. As a professional service business, the talent we attract and retain is our most important asset. We’re a young and agile company, yet we’re invested in leading our industry with the latest technology, innovative operating systems, and accountability to provide the best customer service. We’ve grown exponentially these past 2.5 years, and we’re continuing on that growth trajectory.
JOB SUMMARY: Our new Director of IT Dev/Ops will support our ongoing organic growth and growth through acquisitions.
Are you Monarch minded?
Our culture is highly collaborative. We attract and hire the best because we believe smart people working together toward a common goal will create remarkable outcomes. We listen deeply to each other before jumping to conclusions and find meaningful contributions from all corners of our organization. Accountability is paramount here. Following through for each other and being true to our word is how we work, and we all work better and more efficiently because of it. We’re a team with high expectations and tremendous drive to achieve our goals.
Are you up for the challenge?
The Director of DevOps is responsible for the design and implementation of the build and deployment process including use of automation, managing all environments, and supporting and maintaining packaged/customized software, database integrity and report management. This is a hands-on senior technologist role with responsibilities spanning across new development and operational technology support for all technology applications and products
As our Director of Dev/Ops, you will be a critical player in our landscape operations and have the opportunity to
- Partner with internal stakeholders to support great decisions based on data and analysis that you’ll produce
- Lead the effort with all technology groups to develop processes for consistent software deployment and environment configuration changes, including validation and rollback.
- Create and manage the business analysis process that governs requested changes to technology systems to ensure completeness of requirements
- Communicate with the business sponsors/leadership to obtain financial approval and authorization from appropriate business stakeholders and provide regular updates
- Authorize and validate development work with vendors and internal resources
- Manage process improvement initiatives with respect to change and release management.
- Manage IT audit request
- Develop KPI and business intelligence capabilities
The skill set you’ll need
- Thinker/doer who cares deeply about quality and results
- A quick study – the ability to learn the key drivers in our business
- Understand how to effectively test, learn and iterate in order to achieve the best possible results
- Experience working in a fast-paced and highly cross-functional organization
- Experience supporting sales and operations teams
- Proven success managing time and juggling multiple projects in a high growth environment where priorities shift fast
- Good analysis and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience with management leadership
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of collective experience in some combination of software engineering, systems operations, or DevOps
- 5 years of experience managing complex development, test, integration, and production environments with different versions, building new environments, and providing support for existing ones
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of 5 or more people
- 2+ years of building and administering distributed applications using a cloud platform
- Experience with IFS preferred
- Experience in analysis/mapping of business process and workflow and/or process improvement recommendations
- Basic knowledge of project techniques along with hybrid Agile/Waterfall environment experience
- Basic knowledge of business processes analysis, business workflow and process improvement recommendations
- Experience with software implementation including QA methodology, problem solving, testing and documentation
At Monarch, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage, and retain top talent. Elements of our Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
Monarch also provides eligible employees with an array of additional benefits, including:
- The opportunity to enroll in a variety of healthcare benefit programs, including medical, dental, and vision plan options; flexible spending accounts; retirement savings plans; term life/ad&d; and a number of supplemental insurances
- Company Provided Life/AD&D
- Employee Assistance Program
- 7 Paid Holidays
- 3 Days Paid Bereavement
- 5 Days Paid Jury Duty
- Employee Equity Program
- Flexible Time Off Plan
- Sick Pay in accordance with applicable state or local ordinance
- On-Demand Pay Through A Partnership with DailyPay
- Referral Bonuses Programs
- Gym Membership and Mobile Carrier Discounts
- Education Assistance
- Best-in-Class Learning Management System
- Career Advancement Opportunities
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as position, tenure, geographic location, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is provided in compliance with state specific laws. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations, and therefore may be different in other locations or operating divisions.
Pay range: $140,000 – $150,000
Monarch Landscape Companies is an EEO and E-Verify participating employer.
Monarch Landscape Companies is an On Demand Daily Pay employer
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.