Job Description – Ball Corporation
Embedded Software Engineer I (******)
CO – Boulder
Return to Page
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit ****************************** Facebook or Twitter.
Embedded Software Engineer I
What You’ll Do:
– Design, develop and implement software on a broad range of projects in a collaborative environment.
– Support all types of software development, including embedded software, application level tool development, and test script generation for secure aerospace, avionics and related tactical systems.
– Perform full software life cycle functions including software requirements, architecture, design, code, test, integration, documentation, and support.
– Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
– Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
– Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
– BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 2 or more years related experience.
– Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree and/or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
– Experience in designing, developing, and testing software for operational systems using programming languages such as C, C++, Ada, Ruby/Python and other languages/applications.
– Understanding of and experience with real-time operating systems including Linux or VxWorks.
– Experience with embedded software development, including real-time embedded software.
– A working knowledge of waterfall and/or Agile lifecycles and activities in each phase.
– Experience with formal software development practices including the use of software configuration management, coding standards, and style guides.
– Experience with security analysis, exploit discovery/mitigation, forensics, and vulnerability testing in embedded systems is desirable.
– Ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance is required.
– Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
– May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
– May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
– Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Return to Page
– Candidate Experience
Default Local Node:
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.