Embedded Software Engineer I
["United States-New York-Skaneateles Falls"]
As an Embedded Software Engineer, you will develop innovative medical
software in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will have a
passion for bringing cool ideas to life and maximizing hardware and
software performance. You will be responsible for writing firmware for
device drivers, task manager, device manger, control algorithms, and
various communication protocols which make our products exceptional.
You develop tools which automate the software build process, system
design and production testing.
The Embedded Software Engineer will work collaboratively to define &
execute embedded development tasks. You will be involved in all
aspects of the development process from concept & proposals thru
production as part of a collaborative multidisciplinary team.
Working on a cross-functional product development team whose daily
activities will focus on the design, development, documentation and
test of products for Hillrom. As the product transitions to the sales
team pre-sales and post-sales, support will be required as needed to
support our customers.
* Bachelor s degree Appropriate technical discipline (e.g.
Computer Science; Computer Engineering)
* 0-2 years in an engineering or technical role with the following
* Problem-solving skills using formal methodologies to determine
root cause and effective solutions to problems
* Understanding of product development lifecycles
* Ability to design and develop modular software using C/C++
PREFER BACKGROUND EXPERIENCE WITH:
* Medical device development
* Visual Studio
* Team Foundation Server
* Embedded Linux
* Wireless radio experience (WiFi, Bluetooth)
* Qt UI development
* Qt Creator
* Networking and cyber security
* Programming with real-time constraints
* Low level system software and hardware interface understanding
* Experience in an Agile development environment
Research & Development
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.