Engineer, IT Operations
Engineer is responsible for a broad range of systems, administration,
and operations in a Microsoft Windows physical and virtual
environment. Other duties include assisting as part of the IT
Operations Practice in supporting telecommunications and software
SPECIFIC LIST OF DUTIES
* Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and
availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key
processes, reviewing system and application logs.
* Coordinates warranty renewals, installs new and/or replaces
existing servers and configures hardware, peripherals, services,
settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards
and project/operational requirements.
* Problem solving and management of servers in both physical and
* Performs and oversees continuous system health checks,
administration, and application of patches and upgrades
* Increases reliability and enhances efficiencies by implementing
3rd party tools and scripts;
* Coordinates with outside vendors to resolve problems and issues
with hardware and software.
* Assists in planning and deployment of disaster recovery
* Assists in creating documentation for use in awareness trainings
for IT staff and employees.
* Other duties include but are not limited to:
* Troubleshooting, repair and installation of VOIP telephone
systems (Cisco, Shortel, and Skype) either direct or through
the use of a vendor.
* Coordinating supporting requirements as it relates to office
moves and expansions.
* Assists in troubleshooting network and performance issues.
* Provides end user support via remote assistance and or
* Member of an on-call engineer rotation
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.