Engineering Manufacturing Support Software Tech
Jul 18, 2018
Lakewood, CO, US
Terumo BCT, Inc.
JOB TITLE: Engineering Manufacturing Support/Software Technician
Working without significant direction performs advanced manufacturing equipment/process troubleshooting, provides technical training to peers, and develops control system software to support continuous improvement efforts. Supports the onsite shift operators and mechanics for troubleshooting outside of normal business hours. Analyzes process data to help understand process performance and shifts. Performs tasks related to the scientific or engineering fields in compliance with Company and external regulatory guidelines, policies, and procedures. Performs or directs technical assistance on equipment, products, materials, and processes.
– Performs the highest level of complex troubleshooting for automated manufacturing equipment including software, electrical, pneumatic, and/or hydraulic systems.
– Maintains, accurately follows, and records protocols/procedures and maintenance work logs.
– Develops software to meet specific functional requirements for automated manufacturing systems.
– Configures custom software packages to meet the product design requirements.
– Can apply fundamental skills to troubleshoot in areas that they are not necessilary subject matter expert in.
– Provides a level of support to the onsite operators and mechanics outside of normal business hours.
– Analyzes process data to help understand process and machine performance shifts and communicate appropriately.
– Provides work direction and training for less experienced mechanics and technicians.
– Develops standards, tools, and methods and provides or writes documentation to a level required by the department.
– Partners with engineering to develop and execute process validations.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– May be required to provide process data from machines to other engineering groups.
– Serves as a lead, coach, and mentor to less experienced technicians and equipment operators.
– Responsible for performing to regulatory compliance as required.
– Maintains well-developed interpersonal rapport with peers inside and outside the company.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
– Some college.
– Technical degree preferred.
Minimum 15 years experience.
– Creative ability to take a positive and proactive, approach to solving complex and/or unusual technical problems on automated machines.
– Ability to manage conflicts; to read situations quickly; to lead by influence; to exploit opportunities; and to find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise.
– Ability to successfully carry out a wide range of projects and resolve the most complex problems.
– Understands and reads multiple software programming languages.
– Strong team skills and demonstrated ability to lead others.
– Can write custom complex automation software including PLC’s, HMI’s, cameras, molding machine setup, and/or robots.
– Direct experience with pneumatic, electrical, and control software systems involving complex troubleshooting.
– Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
– Proficiency and knowledge of different networking communication protocols including Ethernet, Device net, DH485, and serial.
– Ability to specify and procure materials and components needed in the development of test and verification equipment.
– Knowledge to perform mechanical/electro-mechanical design in the development or improvement of new or existing test fixtures and equipment.
– Skills to interface with manufacturers, vendors, and contractors in the development of validation equipment and control systems.
– Able to provide input toward the design of mechanical/electro-mechanical systems.
– Builds equipment or performs complex repairs on existing equipment or uses and maintains sophisticated metrological or scientific equipment.
– Knowledge and use of relevant PC software applications and skills to use them effectively.
– Ability to read, understand, and apply complex mechanical, electrical, and controls drawings, schematics, and specifications.
An equivalent competency level acquired through a variation of these qualifications may be considered.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must have a valid driver’s license.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace. For more information about Terumo BCT, visit our website .
Join Terumo BCT as we unlock the potential of blood.
We are a global leader in blood component and cellular technologies, and the only company with the unique combination of apheresis collections, manual and automated whole blood processing, and pathogen reduction coupled with leading technologies in therapeutic apheresis and cell processing. We believe in the potential of blood to do even more for patients than it does today. This belief inspires our innovation and strengthens our collaboration with customers.
As the largest medical device manufacturing company headquartered in Colorado, we are home to more than 2,300 associates and our products are in use in more than 125 countries and territories. Our Global footprint includes more than 5,500 associates and partners with regional headquarters in Brussels, Buenos Aires, Singapore and Tokyo.
Our company has almost $1B in annual revenues and has been voted and recognized as:
– Largest corporate sponsor in Rocky Mountain Region for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS)
– Winner of the Association for Talent Development (ATD) BEST Award for providing exceptional employee learning and talent development (2011 & 2012)
– One of Colorado’s Healthiest Employers by Denver Business Journal (2014 & 2015)
– Recipient of the Way to Go Employer award through the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) 2015
Our award-winning culture embraces:
– Leading technology through innovation and R & D
– Wellness programs
– Commitment to quality
– An environment that values, respects and rewards your individual contributions
– A philosophy of intentional growth and responsiveness to world health issues
to see what our associates have to say about our culture.
Each associate has a positive impact on our future by:
– Connecting to the lives of the patients we ultimately serve
– Growing through professional and leadership development activities
– Sharing company success through incentive plans
If you are the best at what you do and want to do work that is changing the delivery of healthcare globally, we invite you to work with us now to see how we can unlock your potential.
Nearest Major Market:
Hydraulics, Technical Support, Medical, R & D Engineer, Industrial, Engineering, Technology, Healthcare, Manufacturing
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.